Notices

ye olde work holiday party

Old 11-23-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ye olde work holiday party

Just got the announcements last week. There are 2 of them. One will be a full blown rager with free drinks and food at a club downtown. Not going to that one!

I know I can't handle a situation like that. No way. So I'm politely declining.

The other one is informal, just my dept. and manager at a bowling alley. They all drink, and I'd love to tie one on with them, but I'm not gonna do that. I finally decided I'm going after all, cause I do like the guys I work with, but I'll stick with a couple of soft drinks and leave once they start getting "warmed up".

Old 11-23-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sounds like a plan. the last time i went to a "rager" i played a game with myself and turned it into a spectator sport(with lots of appetizers). -oh boy, was i entertained. woke up the next day hangover free and heard stories of apologies, damage to friendships, illness, etc. so glad to not have any of that weighing on me. "i think im going to be ok afterall", i thought to myself.

have fun.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah sit back and laugh. be a spectator i'm with leviathan on that one.

even when i drank i almost always declined invites to bars. I new i drank to much to get myself home afterwards anyhow. and I didnt care for my co-workers at all.

Fast forward to now I heard my boss on the phone one day talking about how he sure was ready for a beer. I thought gosh thats sad he either needs a new job or should check and see if he has a drinking issue and I was glad it was not my problem anymore. I used to say things like that.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good for you
Old 11-23-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have fun and be careful. It is so good not to wonder what you did the night before. Soft drinks are good stuff.