Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Waiting to get into rehab....wish it was as easy as the Intervention show

Notices

Old 10-16-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's funny on how Intervention family & friends of the addict come together and do everything they can to get the person into rehab. If the addict accepts, they are immediately flow to a beautiful rehab facility in California or Texas or something.

I wish. I was the one who came clean to my employer and family in the beginning of July telling them I needed professional help for my alcoholism. Now here I sit, on medical employment insurance waiting for a call from a rundown piece of crap rehab facility in Canada that is going to charge me $1500 out of pocket. Back in August, I applied to a rehab facility recommended by my addiction counselor because it dealt with concurrent disorders (she wanted me to go to a place that would treat my anxiety as well). I found out mid-September that my application to that facility for reason unknown was denied. I didn't even know my application had been denied until I randomly called them one day to check in about my status. Now I've applied at two other facilities and sit here and wait. I've been deemed not medically/psychologically fit to return to work and have paid hundred of dollars to docs & psychiatrists to fill out the medical/psychological portions of the applications. My time on medical employment insurance is running out, my managerial position at work was given to someone else.

The system totally blows up here. I've done everything to keep myself sober in the meantime because if one of these stupid treatment facilities actually does call me to come I have to have x5 days sober in as they are not detox facilities.

Thanks for listening to me whine everyone. If my liver explodes or one of my alcohol-related ulcers burst I'm going to curse Alberta Health and the admissions departments of these treatment facilities on my deathbed
Old 10-16-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll have good news soon Merc. Keep the faith

Best wishes,
D
Old 10-16-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there Merc!!
Old 10-16-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is rubbish.
Hope it happens soon for you.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I hope this gets sorted out Merc

sorry
Old 10-16-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Merc, glad you checked in.
Sorry your still waiting for this , it really does suck.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry you are stuck waiting on the system but I am so glad you are determined to stay on the sober path.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The cynic in me has to respond to this...

i've heard all kinds of stories like thjis one and it really makes me hate the "social programs" racket even more. You want to have a good life? Better be prepared to pay for the best.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
The cynic in me has to respond to this...

i've heard all kinds of stories like thjis one and it really makes me hate the "social programs" racket even more. You want to have a good life? Better be prepared to pay for the best.
Very true. Our government makes mad money on the tax they put on alcohol but basically wants to sweep under the rug the people who end up with an addiction.