Notices

Day 3 (again), went to a BBQ

Old 09-20-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 (again), went to a BBQ

Well, i've posted in the past that I quit for 3-5 days and then drink again, over and over...well, you know the deal. I'm committed to make this time the last of this endless pattern. Well, today is day 3, and I guess I had committed to going to a BBQ tonight that I hadn't remembered I was going to. So I thought about it long and hard, and decided to go. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it, right?!. Well, I went, and relaxed and enjoyed good food and company...and that's it! Only felt a strong desire for ice water, for some reason. Really enjoyed the food. It was fun, just chilling sober, having a good time. Really set a great tone for upcoming challenges. I know I can do this! It feels good. Thanks for letting me share
Old 09-20-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Hi Dave,
Well done on three days and getting through the barbecue ok. It's quite a blessing to have friends and be invited to events.

I blew all that by taking this progressive illness to the limit. By the time I got serious about recovery and was willing to make the effort, I had no friends left. The only invitation I got was an invitation to leave.

Recovery took a lot more than not drinking and hoping it will al be ok. I had a similar pattern to you. I could stop, I just couldn't stay stopped. I gave up trying on my own and got some help. All the best
Old 09-21-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through!!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3
Old 09-22-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job, and at a social function, no less. I'm at day 130 and I have trouble with social (especially family) gatherings. Not so much the drinking, although there are those who I need to be alittle buzzed to tolerate, haha. I'm just not very social, so a little chit-chat and I'm spent

Bunnez