Notices

Back to quitting track

Old 09-05-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to quitting track

Well , it been months since my last post .when i was trying to quit.

Ive been through life stress , job and family . and it was really bad to quit . i couldn't handle my job cause of tiredness (either drink to work or not). so i started drinking again to cope with that . but as usual things became worst .

people noticed sometimes my brain understand things contrary the day after drink . and i 'm shocked that some times i didn't recognize left from right(a friend show me picture of two guys , said the left one is called x , the next day show me the same picture and he said that he yesterday showed me x but he was in the right side of the picture , and i was thing all the time that he is in the left )

i started had panic attacks , feeling suicidal . so i decided to quit my job to take time and rest to quit .

now im day 2 , doing mult ivitamine one time a day and plan to do this for the next 10 days .

any advice . thanks
Old 09-05-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I posted the following elsewhere but think it’s an appropriate response here also:
Hi. For myself I needed to get honest about MY drinking and accept the fact that I can NOT drink in safety. Being undisciplined I tried too many times to handle it but alcohol proved to me to be too Powerful, cunning and baffling. I needed a program to stick with and not drink even if I wanted to.
It’s work and worth it in the long run.

BE WELL
Old 09-05-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Zvang,

Taking a rest is a good idea. On top of that, it is highly suggested that you seek professional support - especially when you have been feeling suicidal. I am not sure what country you are in, but if it is in any way possible, take the time you now have on your hands and don't hesitate to seek out addictions treatment. At the very least, find a suicide hotline number and post that somewhere in your home so that should you begin to feel that way, you have a lifeline. Alcoholism takes many lives this way - I hope you'll take this seriously and realize it's generally a good idea to reach out for help when quitting. God bless.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What's your plan of support?

Sheer will power hasn't worked up until now, so there's gonna come that same time that you're gonna need a second opinion on what your mind is telling you!!

You can do this!!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Since you quit your job, you have time to do a rehab facility, attend self-support groups, AA, SMART Recovery, or any number of other things. Or you can have time to drink until your broke and on the street. Best to seek medical help, asap!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Zvang, have you talked to your dr before you decide to quit.

I think it's good that you decided to take some time off and focus o getting healthy and well.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Zvang - hows it going ?

D