Notices

Here I am 4 days later

Old 08-22-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here I am 4 days later

Today I start day 4 following a relapse. On day one I had a pretty significant meltdown and decided to start AA meetings again. I had a wonderful meeting, maybe the best I ever had. I left feeling positive despite my erratic emotional state. On day 2 my car broke down, permanently. Time for the junkyard... Argh.

I did get in a tizzy but I didn't try to hide in a case of beer and bag of weed. Instead I just thought I will work this out somehow. I don't have the money for another vehicle right now, but I have other people to reach out to for rides to physical therapy for now. I have a part time job lined up and I will have my son all day Friday. I mean I have been such a will powered and resourceful drunk, surely I can figure this out.

Well Friday is here. I'm looking forward to spending day four with my boy with my physical withdrawal fading away. Tonight I get to go back to AA borrowing my girlfriend's car. Next Tuesday and Thursday I have physical therapy and I set up rides to those. Had I been using I would not have been able to put those plans together.

It's hard asking for help. But I did and I think that's a good step in the right direction. It's going to be a struggle until I can at least find a cheap older car, but I can do it so long as I keep my chin up and ask for help.

Today I carry no guilt.

BTW my physical therapist is awesome. He seems genuinely concerned and determined to help me sort out my back issues. It took a long time to get into PT being uninsured. Now is the perfect time to stay clean and not let lives obstacles get me off track.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

It is hard to finally reach out but so glad I did

Wow well done
Old 08-22-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 19..... :-) Keep going, I carry no guilt today either... thanks for the reminder!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! You can do this!!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This is fantastic to hear Serotonin. Not about your car of course, and I hope you are able to rectify that situation soon. But your way of handling it and seeking out help is outstanding, so glad you have been able to do so.