Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

RIP Robin Williams… I know exactly how you felt!!!

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober Today

RIP Robin Williams, and may God finally relieve you of the terrible suffering of your alcoholism and depression. You were one of us, and I know exactly where you were that terrible day… It is the deepest, darkest, loneliest, and most miserable place on earth; sometimes I don’t really believe that place exists on earth at all; it is Hell, and I have personally visited it several times over the course of my own addiction! I hope and pray that no human being ever has to visit that dark place again, but I know that thousands of alcoholics and addicts just like us go there every day. It is a soulless place where the feeling of absolute hopelessness, despair, frustration, terror, and complete darkness surrounds you… engulfs you… and swallows you whole; body, mind, and soul.

But we recovering alcoholics and addicts also know there is a better way; the path of recovery is here for all to partake in. We don’t have to endure the terrible suffering one more day! There is a way out… A way to step out of the darkness and into the light of recovery. But there are millions of us out there suffering every day that don’t know the way out. Reach out your hand today to another sick and suffering alcoholic and addict; offer your love, support, and kindness. You just may save someone’s life!