Notices

I really am Homer Simpson..

Old 07-14-2004, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really am Homer Simpson..

Hey ppl,Ive been doing real good lately,but,I went to a annual neighborhood pigroast(BBQ) over the weekend and drank.Was not a wise decision as Im in early recovery.Real brief,I drank beer and outstayed the whole 100 ppl who were there including my wife.Sure,life of the party,as we all are,kept the crowd entertained(not in bad,drunk way) but more of the *party* guy that every kid wanted as his Dad(if only they knew).I stayed in bed most of next day thinking about all my regrets(stuff I said and the "cool" way I acted) and just swore off drinking as Ive done so many times before.Again I "dodged a bullet",as to not totally not embarrassing my wife and kids,and myself.Although....I got approached from another drunk and had some dumb-ass drunk words which led to a pushing/shoving thing in the dark where it was not seen by anyone.Over the last 2 years Ive been in a dozen battles while drinking,I know its gotta be me,but I remeber everything? and it really is others starting with me(almost like a jealousy thing usually because they wifes or g/f's are looking and flirting with me).not MY fault!! Im a good,faithful husband/father who dont deserve this,even though I have no problems when not drinking I try to convince myself its not the alcohol.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

So are you ready now? It's all in your hands P- all up to you. How much more insanity, uncertainty, guilties are you willing to endure? We're all behind you, and I have faith your day of quitting is soon approaching, but the ball's in your court my friend.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

[QUOTEI try to convince myself its not the alcohol.[/QUOTE]

The problem is not the alcohol Homer, so you can stop trying to convince yourself.......the problem is you.

Why do you think you need alcohol to enjoy yourself or to be the "life of the party?"

Why do you even need to be the life of the party anyway?

If we really want to stay sober we have to ask ourselves some serious questions and honestly answer them.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

You don't have to be Homer Simpson...... it's your choice. Why doncha try something different?