Notices

Saturday Night Cravings

Old 05-10-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saturday Night Cravings

Hello again everyone, tonight marks a week since I drank last. This has by no means has been a easy week for me. Sleeping in the spare room, having no real communication with my wife. I'm on my way home now from work and I don't even want to go home because of the current tension between us. In the past I would be drinking especially when we are fighting, but I won't. Its just hard to keep on track when so much is in doubt.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congrats on the week!!!! why blow it now? yes, it is difficult as first. And you already know that drinking is not going to make things better. It will make things worse.

Hang in there. Count to ten, or count to a hundred. Do what you have to do to NOT pick up that drink!

If you think the tension is bad now, see what happens if you drink again.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Its Saturday night here in Scotland 8.30pm and I could kill for a drink, I really want to go down to the bar and have a good old drinking session.....BUT Im telling myself it will end very badly with me getting totally out of it and could result in me drinking for days and feeling like absolute crap when I finally sober up.

Im fighting an internal struggle at the moment between the urge to drink and my common sense telling me not drink. This is the strongest urge to drink Ive had since I stopped drinking six weeks ago. Its no co-incidence it has come on a Saturday night when I would usually be well on my way to getting drunk by now (or continuing from Friday nights binge).

No one ever said it was going to be easy.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess as they say "We all in this together"
Old 05-10-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's lot of support here guys. Remember - noone ever woke up glad they drank last night - but I know I've woken up sober and thanked God for it.

Stay the course - it will get easier

D