Notices

Paws

Old 03-27-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paws

I think I suffered a case of PAWS last night, my wife thought I was drinking again, tough situation due to the fact that I lied about drinking in the past. How long will I suffer from PAWS? I have been sober for 2 months now.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

PAWS is a sign that you are making progress. Thats how i like to look at it. It's different for everybody, I felt like I had paws for a long time but some of it was just other stuff mixed in. I'm working on other issues and behavior that is holding me back. Now that I'm sober I have a fighting chance ya know? Keep at it, you have done the hardest part by getting sober. It might get tough for the next while as your brain really starts to repair but as funny as it sounds- that's a good sign. We think "I quit, I should be all better" but it can take time. Be patient and be proud of yourself cuz you're doing a big thing!
-Ted
Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by sweetums View Post
I think I suffered a case of PAWS last night, my wife thought I was drinking again, tough situation due to the fact that I lied about drinking in the past. How long will I suffer from PAWS? I have been sober for 2 months now.

Well done on 2 months, that is very encouraging in itself that you will be just fine. What were your paws symptoms if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I seemed drunk, slurring, and confused