Notices

Day 2. So far so good!

Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcohol Abistence- 03-18-2014

Day 2. So far so good!

So last night was one of the very few nights where I didn't drink myself to sleep. It felt weird. I had a hard time sleeping, and the temptation was there, but I didn't give in.

This morning though, I had two neighbors that came to my door asking me if I was ok because I wasn't out making a fool out of myself. I told them yeah, and that I had decided to live a life of abstinence from alcohol. They both told me how great that was, and even offered an alcohol free get together this weekend with a few of the neighbors I've wronged. It feels good.. really good. I'm nervous about the get together and being berated for the past wrongs I've done, but it's nice to know that at least two people in my neighborhood are already offering a bit of support.

Anyone have any advice on the get together? Should I write a letter of apology? Just enjoy it? Maybe have a letter prepared just in case?
Old 03-19-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Oh that sounds lovely. Just go and be yourself. They sound like great, understanding people. xxxxxx
Old 03-19-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I appreciate that. I was at the convention center doing some labor. Instead of alcohol, I'm treating myself to a soda. Lol. I chose Mountain Dew because I almost always chose dark sodas to mix with liquor and decided it was probably best to stay away from them for now.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

That's really great, Nate!

Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't prepare anything ahead of time. If you feel the need to talk about it, just speak from your heart.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Also appreciated. I was thinking the same thing, as a prepared speech just wouldn't seem very authentic, and more like just another excuse. Hopefully it isn't needed, I'm having a hard enough time looking at myself in the mirror knowing what I did, let alone other people. Heh.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Wouldn't do it myself. Otherwise will look & sound rehearsed plus might be stumbling all over lookin for right words