Notices

This is it.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is it.

Hi all.

I felt compelled to leave a message for all of you. I have to let someone else know -besides myself- that I am done drinking, and no better place to do it than these forums that I've been through over the years.

I sit here in the wake and misery of another after day. I gave in to peer pressure and went out with my roommate and her boy toy. I ended up staying out until the bars closed and blowing off two engagements I had today. Man, I am good at never changing!

One DUI when I was 18. Another. And another. 3 total. Toxic multiple year relationship ravished by a booze and drug addled man me. Verbally and physically abusive on multiple drunken occasions. Two overdoses involving alcohol and prescription pills. Decayed relationships with parents and family. Decayed relationship with myself. Two in-patient rehabs. Multiple out-patient programs. Rolled new CR-V onto side a week after getting it. Totalled CR-V by smashing into 3 parked cars. Totaled 3 out of the 4. Smashed into neighbor's fence. Mangled side of Xterra by getting to close to pole. Missed many, many days of work due to drunkenness. Said many, many things and have done many, many things that I would like to have back. Tens of thousands spent on booze and my DOC cocaine (haven't touched for a few years). New opportunities BLOWN by choosing old, toxic routine.

I'm 26. And that is what I remember off the top of my head. I needed to see it in writing, and I need to put it out there as a meeting. I know what to do, and by golly I am going to do it. IT ALREADY STARTED, BRO. Yeah, bro, you (me), it started. You are sober, you know what the heck to do, you know, you know, now DO. DO DO DO. You got this, just like these people got this. You are beautiful, man, you are worth it, bro, you got a lot of abilities and you got to realize alcohol ain't helping you. You're dying, man. These people read and realized, you need to read and sink into it. It's truth. You cannot stay hidden from the sun, the moon, and the truth, B-Dawg. You are unwise to know the truth and go against it. You are killing yourself, you unwise man. But, you know, so know now and go.

Thanks for reading, ya'll. I'ma keep my head up high. THIS. IS. IT. Much love.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Quitting drinking was one of the best decisions I ever mad. I know you'll feel the same way fifleman

D
Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome and congratulations on the beginning of the end. When you find yourself doubting poke your head in here. We'll set it back on straight. Keep at it and don't forget why you started this in the first place.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

check back and let us know how things are going. Sounds like you have a lot going on, and you don't need to go it alone!

best wishes
Old 03-16-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're absolutely making the right choice today and should feel great about that.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fifleman - We are with you & we know you can do it. No more misery. I'm glad you posted & hope you'll continue to.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations fifleman with your positive insight. I was told at the point you seem to be at that everything for me goes downhill with the simple act of picking up the first drink and is avoided by not picking up. Have you considered that a detox might be in order? It and a rehab have been a help to many.

BE WELL