Notices

When it rains it pours!

Old 03-12-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When it rains it pours!

had a string of not so nice things happen to me all in a week time. Something is wrong with my health insurance which I'm trying to figure out now. I got a ticket for no auto insurance(my mistake). and a couple days ago I backed right into my garage. It still works but needs to be replaced. That happened

probably because of my scatterbrain anxiety about my traffic ticket. i know these things aren't necessarily the end of the world. Right now i feel very low. i don't know whats going to happen with the ticket. this all happened

right before my birthday which was yesterday the 11th.. Its like the spiritual forces are saying, "wait a minute, pay attention to your life." Anyway i'm pretty broken down and i feel like a drink in the worst way. the word karma comes to mind
Old 03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A couple months ago, my grandpa passed away, I lost my job, also had parking tickets to pay, and many other things going wrong. I often feel like its one obstacle right after another and it is the worst feeling in the world. To top it off, because of all the emotional stress...patches of my hair started falling out! But things are settling down and getting better, and my hair is growing back lol. Just try to remain positive, even though the situation is grim.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Let me join the chorus, cabo, in saying, wait a minute, cabo, please pay attention to your life. You deserve a life worth living, after all. It's up to you, and you can make it what you need to have, you can make it what you need to be. You can do it.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cabo - I was the antithesis of spiritual. I do believe that things happen for a reason however and there are things that we cannot explain. I do believe when it rains is pours bc its the wavelength you are operating on. I also believe you can turn things around. Positive energy attracts positive things - magnetic that way.

I read your posts and have come to respect your contributions here. As such, I care. I agree with FS that your life is worth paying attention too. Forget about the things you cannot control and focus on you man. You have all the tools you need inside you to turn things around.

For me meditation has resulted in the greatest positive changes in my life. I would also recommend some books: The Power of Now, A New Earth, Mindfulness for Beginners, In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Firstly Happy Birthday for yesterday

Drinking won't help. It will just aid you in doing nothing about any of this.

Some weeks are harder to deal with than others but the principle's always the same. Do what you can.

Make a few calls, try and get things sorted, and hopefully next week will be a little better

D
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Know where you are at and feeling for you. These times are tough and calls to mind that it's not the bears in the woods you need to be concerned with. It's the rabbits that gang up!
I'm beginning to understand that at times such as these just getting my head on the pillow sober is all i can expect. But for this alcoholic that is a huge achievement and change when it all feels like too much.
And it does get resolved if we stay steadfast in our sobriety. Didn't believe that either until i had no choice....
Be safe
G
Old 03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Cabo, I am sorry you are going through this, but proud of you for not drinking. HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late. I have had a rough month, and I know how it feels just to want it all to stop. You are doing the right thing, coming here, posting and moving on. YOU ROCK CABO.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
had a string of not so nice things happen to me all in a week time. Something is wrong with my health insurance which I'm trying to figure out now. I got a ticket for no auto insurance(my mistake). and a couple days ago I backed right into my garage. It still works but needs to be replaced. That happened

probably because of my scatterbrain anxiety about my traffic ticket. i know these things aren't necessarily the end of the world. Right now i feel very low. i don't know whats going to happen with the ticket. this all happened

right before my birthday which was yesterday the 11th.. Its like the spiritual forces are saying, "wait a minute, pay attention to your life." Anyway i'm pretty broken down and i feel like a drink in the worst way. the word karma comes to mind
Welcome to life. And I agree when it rains it pours. God is trying to tell you something, pay attention to it. Yes pay attention to your life, I agree. When things dont go so easy, turning to the drink is the most natural of reactions. Because perhaps you are just an alcoholic, I do not know, nor do I diagnose anyone. All I can talk about is how I stayed sober today. That is all I know. I lay off the booze, and try my best to do good. This is progression not perfection. I have my bad days and I have my good days. The bad days are few and far between these days. As a newcomer the bad days were common.

Its all falls down to, for myself as I only speak for myself and how I stay sober one day at a time now for decades on end, how am I connected to my spirituality and my higher power. Am I doing good? Am I trying to be a good, decent, honest human being that is not self seeking. I try my best. I speak for no one else but myself.