Notices

Anyone else here feel "scammed" by alcohol?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=tornrealization;4522345]I see you point of view I think. The "scam" wasn't being unaware of some of the risks or someone physically forcing a drink into our bodies. Maybe it's culturally presented as safe, easy, a right of passage which misleads people that it's safer then presented.

I see commercials for what end use of cigarettes can do. Then fantasy life commercials for booze. Just an observation. Interesting thread.

I again realize I put myself in this mess and will need to fix it.[/QUOTE

the subliminal culture of the real world was a lot worse then the media culture. for me...im sure one feeds the other...some people are so close to that edge of booze..but will never fall over....some people who are the low rings of society..if they just get drunk a few times it's a problem.and everybody calls them on it..the social viewpoints on drinking and alcohol abuse a lot of times have very little to do with alcohol dependence..or the physical addcition
Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

What a great thread !

I don't know how in the world any drunk could get sober without taking full responsibility.

Have y'all seen this tv ad ?

Johnnie Walker Black Label TV Commercial, 'Keep Walking' - iSpot.tv

I still don't understand what the hell it's got to do with booze,

it seems more applicable to a top University education, ;....or a quality Recovery , ....... or something a motivational life coach (like Wayne Dyer) might say on Public Broadcasting!?!

On the other hand, I gotta admit , these guys are good !!

Even when what they're selling is absurd.

.....lol, I forgot the Naturalist who quoted:

" the only thing more dangerous than getting between a grizzly and her cubs; ...is to get between a businessman and a dollar"
Old 03-12-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

When you quit, do you notice everyone talks to you about booze, or drinking...

they are IN the scam, and like someone just said, you are lifting the veil. Sure we all know the facts, so do they, but they are still falling for the other story and we appear to be peeking at the truth... I hope the truth keeps smacking me in the face, so I never have another night like Friday!