Notices

My revelations for the day

Old 03-07-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

My revelations for the day

Man, so much thinking today. It's nice to actually be able to think, although it's still fuzzy. I've had some mild panic attacks today when thinking about all I've done in the last month to completely screw up my life but I've managed to stay away from the Xanax and try to think of solutions to fix things.

I've been reading these boards almost all day. It's good to hear other people's stories and draw strength from them. One theme that smacked me in the face is how much of a liar I had become while drinking. I've lied to everyone. I've hurt so many people by my lies, including myself. That being said, I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon and I think I'd like to tell her the truth about my drinking. Part of this realization comes because since I quit drinking a week ago, I feel like I'm having liver pain but honestly, it would just be so nice to get it out in the open especially to someone who could help me evaluate the physical damage done to my body.

Next step will be talking to my mom.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I told my doctor everything and it was very therapeutic, even just telling it to someone. It's in full confidence as well, and also a good idea if you want to get a truly honest and full assessment of your health.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I told my doctor everything also. They can only help you as much as you let them.