Notices

Eye opening experience.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eye opening experience.

Tonight I was driving home on a sidestreet in after a night class, and all of the sudden a car was literally on my bumper. I was initially annoyed, and kept going. This car got closer and closer to my bumper, and looked like he was going to illegally pass me, so I hastily pulled over and let him pass me. There was no one else on this street btw. This guy is then going what appeared to be 70mph even though the speed limit is only 20. He's driving on the other side of the street, and then BAM hits a light pole. The light pole was rocking back and forth and shut off. I completely froze. It happened so fast I didn't know what to do. I pulled up, and the car is completely smashed and is on someone's front lawn. The hood of the car popped up and smoke was everywhere. The guy in the car was crawling out and attempting to run off. [I called the police right away and they asked me how far this man was going, and that they received a call from someone reporting an intoxicated driver in the area.] I just wanted to make sure the dude was okay, but I was too scared to leave my car not knowing if he was dangerous. Therefore, I called the police asap.

Sure enough, help was there in a matter of 3 minutes.

I'm still freaked out at what i witnessed. If I didn't let this guy pass me, he would have probably hit me at the stop sign/light pole he ran into.

This made me appreciate my sobriety more than ever. That was by far some really scary sh*t. I hope the man driving that car is alright and gets help. :/
Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're ok Mary. I think you did exactly the right thing stayong in the car and phoning the police.

I hope the other driver will get the help he needs....

D
Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's crazy but I'm glad your ok Mary 👍
Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How scary and crazy. Glad you are ok! I agree, you did exactly the right thing by staying in your car. Yikes!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, what a story and eye opener. I echo the masses with your actions and happy for your well being.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope the other driver will get the help he needs....
It sounds to me like he did. It's just up to him to recognize it.