Notices

I start physical therapy today.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I start physical therapy today.

For those of you who know me, you know I was in a back brace and unable to drive or go anywhere when I came here. I was tired of being drunk and needed support and help. You all reached out with love and wisdom. It has been more then seven months now, and I am able to walk and drive. I am still not able to return to work, but things are getting better. I start physical therapy today and maybe one day I can feel whole again in every way. To be sober and healthy at the same time would be amazing. Anyway, I am excited and so looking forward to getting better. Thank you my friends for all your help.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anyone can just be sober. Being sober and happy at the same time, with serenity and peace of mind, wow what an amazing concept. Alcohol is but a symptom.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are right Matt. Being sober and happy with serenity and peace of mind and healthy. That would be amazing. I became an alcoholic when I was unhappy, but I got happy and was still drinking. Now, no drinking and I am happy, now to get healthy. I do agree, Alcohol is a symptom.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
Anyone can just be sober. Being sober and happy at the same time, with serenity and peace of mind, wow what an amazing concept. Alcohol is but a symptom.
Yep - Matt got it going on - agree 100%

What is you plan Huntington - do you have a program that can help you achieve said goals of happiness? You know its not in the bottle, so how you gonna get there sober?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

huntingtontx, I am proud of you. Good things are happening for you. I think your plan is working just fine from what I see.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please know all your friends are here for support Hunt..be it recovery or therapy.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Yep - Matt got it going on - agree 100%

What is you plan Huntington - do you have a program that can help you achieve said goals of happiness? You know its not in the bottle, so how you gonna get there sober?
Huntington - after reading my post and yours and not knowing your full back story, I a feel mine comes across as obtuse and I did not intend it to be that way. I feel for you and reading your other posts ,which I did not at the time feel your doing a great job. For me happiness and peace have come through intensive recovery not just being sober. This was about constructing a program designed to explore the depths and roots of my problems. It also required an openness to change and blow up everything I thought I knew.

I wish you the best man!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with the therapy Huntington

D
Old 02-13-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It went great and they feel I will recover enough to go back to work if that is my wish. I am happy, and it feels so good to be sober. Coming here and talking with you all, well, you are all so special to me. Jdonner, I took no offense. I know you are trying to help and that is why I am here. We all come for different places and by sharing we get the best of all. Support and ideas that make things better. I want to help others all I can and as I do it helps me. Life is good, and SOBER life is great. Thanks for all your support people.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Old 02-13-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is so wonderful! Glad you're on the road to recovery. Keep up the good work. xo
Old 02-13-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Huntingdontx that is great, mate. Good luck with the therapy, I'm sure you will out the effort in and get back on your feet soon enough.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Progress, not perfection. Just for today I can do things that would appall me to have to keep up for a lifetime. Those are simple tools I hang onto, and my tool kit is lightweight enough that I can take it with me wherever I go. I don't know much about all the rest of that stuff other than it's really heavy.

Best wishes.