Notices

Predator?

Old 06-15-2004, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Predator?

I just read Chy's post on predator's in AA. It makes me wonder, considering the last post in that I put in here (MAJOR breakthru) was about what my behavior was like. I know that I was a predator, not neccesarily to those that were in AA because when I did go, I had no interest in "finding someone". I have no interest now because my recovery is of number one importance to me. But, I did play on people's minds deliberately for my own enjoyment That's so gross! I guess the good thing now is that I'm finally recognizing what I was doing. I need to let go of this revenge attitude that stems from my childhood.
One day at a time, and everything. But I'm still anxious to finally get "old-time" status. Patience.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
I need to let go of this revenge attitude that stems from my childhood.
Oh yes. Oh yes! Holding resentments is the surest way, for me anyway, to avoid working my program. Resentments, much like expectations of how other people should treat us, are disappointments waiting to carve a hole in our recovery. The quicker we can let go, the better.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I guess the good thing now is that I'm finally recognizing what I was doing. I need to let go of this revenge attitude that stems from my childhood
Now you know! You recognize what you were doing and have decided to stop it.

An attitude of revenge is antithesis to AA recovery. It is the path to resentments. Which are likewise deadly.

But I'm still anxious to finally get "old-time" status.
I've been told that all you have to do is not drink and not die