Notices

Third sober day

Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Third sober day

Today is my third sober day. I feel a little tired, went for a walk. Thoughts about buying a drink struggle with my brain. But i am not going to the store , i hope it will pass.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Lindari - stay strong!

D
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lindari View Post
Today is my third sober day. I feel a little tired, went for a walk. Thoughts about buying a drink struggle with my brain. But i am not going to the store , i hope it will pass.
Welcome Lindari,

We are here for you. Keep us posted and as Dee said stay strong.

Sincerely,
TrixMixer
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do it! Take a different route so you don't walk by the store. Change your habits, change your work hours if you can, do anything to break
old habits and start fresh. Read and post on SR a lot, we're all going through the same thing and are all here for you. Stay strong, you're worth it!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! These three days were soooo long since i have all that extra time from not drinking. I worked out a lot, studied a lot. Now i am scared to go grocery shopping, because i used to pick up couple bottles of wine all the time.
And also my birthday is in one month. I want to learn how to celebrate without alcohol.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations. Much of life comes to us a small bit at a time, try not to be overwhelmed by the "WHAT IFs" and take one at a time. In my early days the wine area was just avoided with NO peeking. When I had thoughts of drinking I was able to think of non drinking things. I joined AA for human help as there was no internet and we helped each other instead of isolating with our pain. There is much help not to drink IF we use them. One that helped me was remember the pain and you don't have to go through it again if you don't pick up that first drink.

BE WELL
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cravings come.... and go if wait them out. Talking about it or posting here helps, prayer helps as well, there's also A.A. meetings or even just getting out of your own head by taking part in an activity or helping someone else with a problem.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The further away I get (time not drinking) the less I fantasize, crave, reminisce, want to drink. Time......I know it's cliche and you get tired of hearing it. But it does get better. View alcohol as your enemy - the poison of your body. I highly suggest new habits and hobbies. I learned to crochet - and made 3 scarves and an afghan this past month of learning my new life. You have to have new outlets and deal with life - something we did not do while drinking. You're doing great