Notices

Feel really bad

Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel really bad

I am having a very tough time right now. My uncle has died and spending time with extended family - who I don't like and try to see only once a year, at Christmas - stresses me right out.

My mom has gone to stay with her sister so it's just me and my dad here.

Last night I went on an ice cream and chocolate binge. I hate to admit this, but I ate a whole tub in the space of a couple of hours and a bar of chocolate. Now I don't do this a lot, I try to stick to a reasonably healthy diet. But last night I needed something.

When I woke up this morning I was so so sick, throwing up, the lot. All I can say is that it felt like a hangover, and I hadn't even been drinking.

My dad came in to my room to ask why I was sick and started shouting at me and accusing me of drinking - which I wasn't. He said he felt by looking at my eyes that I had taken something that I am not supposed to. I told him I hadn't and said all I took last night was this herbal stuff I got in the health food shop which is supposed to help you sleep. We had a huge row and he called me a liar and wants me to go to rehab...then he drove off in a rage.

I am so so so upset right now. Admittedly, he did come back and said that he sat in church for a while. He said everything is getting to him, stress with my mom and trying to deal with my sisters problems...

But I feel so angry, like my life doesn't matter. I feel like I am in prison. I eat what I am told to eat and I do what I am told to do. And if I even tell someone that I have a headache/pain/whatever, I get "WHY do you have a headache/pain/whatever? Have you been drinking? Or taken something that you are not supposed to be taking?" And my dad wonders why I won't "share my feelings"...
Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Friend-

You are in control of your thoughts, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

The happiness you seek depends not upon outer conditions but rather in the quality of those thoughts. Therefore, guard accordingly that you entertain no thoughts which are either incongruous or detrimental to your physical and mental health.

Good luck and God Bless