Notices

So it turned on me again.

Old 06-03-2004, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So it turned on me again.

Hi folks, im back after spending close to 3 solid months of drinking. It started off it's usual way, drinking once a week and that quickly turned into twise a week, I mean come on, I had to do something to cure that hangover. So anyway before I knew it I was back to my old drinking self, wishing I was drunk when I was sober and sober when I was drunk. And today I've been feeling like crap, has anyone ever felt like their withdrawl was a bad acid trip comming on, but not quite the full fledge thing?

So im willing to try this thing again, im starting to wonder if people around here are getting tired of me poping in every few months saying im going sober, failing, then running off to drink again. Oh well, hey, maybe this time i'll get it right.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Salvador Doggie

Hey N.G.S.

I think it is great that you have joined us here.
Welcome back to the pudding pit.

I can't think of ever meeting another alcoholic who didn't have a tough time calling it quits for good. Hell, all I can really expect of myself is 24 hours.

And oh yeah, I'm Rudiger and I'm an alcoholic. I found this place in Feburary and I have been very grateful that I can visit people just like you from time to time. I think if you stick around a bit longer you will find the abstinance you are seeking in your life a bit easier.

The acid trip feeling you speak of brings back some memories for me. These first days you are in now can be a bit tough. I remember thinking that it would never end. It does. Still pretty uncomfortable though, huh? Hang in there. In time it will only be a memory to keep for reference when the alcohol tries to charm you back.

Stay the course my friend. In time you will be grateful you cared enough about yourself to stop. And don't forget. We can do this together. 24 hours at a time. Keep posting.

Rudiger
Old 06-03-2004, 10:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Salvador Doggie

Hey N.G.S.

I think it is great that you have joined us here.
Welcome back to the pudding pit.

I can't think of ever meeting another alcoholic who didn't have a tough time calling it quits for good. Hell, all I can really expect of myself is 24 hours.

And oh yeah, I'm Rudiger and I'm an alcoholic. I found this place in Feburary and I have been very grateful that I can visit people just like you from time to time. I think if you stick around a bit longer you will find the abstinance you are seeking in your life a bit easier.

The acid trip feeling you speak of brings back some memories for me. These first days you are in now can be a bit tough. I remember thinking that it would never end. It does. Still pretty uncomfortable though, huh? Hang in there. In time it will only be a memory to keep for reference when the alcohol tries to charm you back.

Stay the course my friend. In time you will be grateful you cared enough about yourself to stop. And don't forget. We can do this together. 24 hours at a time. Keep posting.

Rudiger
Old 06-03-2004, 11:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by N.G.S
Oh well, hey, maybe this time i'll get it right.
Off to a good start so far.
One day or if need be one moment at a time.
Practice practice practice
Old 06-03-2004, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by N.G.S
snip

....im starting to wonder if people around here are getting tired of me popping in every few months saying im going sober, failing, then running off to drink again.

snip
Nope!
Welcome back.
Don S
Old 06-04-2004, 01:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

N.G.S.,
AS LONG AS YOU COME BACK HERE ONE MORE TIME THAN YOU FAIL------
I for one am HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep coming back,
larry
Old 06-04-2004, 02:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi N.G.S.,
Glad you made it back again??

"So it turned on me again!" How many times is this now? And, did you expect that it wouldn't turn on you again?

Damn, let me see here. What's that definition of insanity again?? Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. Yup!! That's it!! :banghead:
Old 06-04-2004, 03:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Worst thing you could have done,
is stay away!
Welcome back!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome back!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi N.G.S
Welcome Back!
Kellie here...an alcoholic who has had to get up and dust herself off and get back into the saddle more times than I can remember.
Hanging out with gang here at SR is truly helping me to stay sober.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody, it's good to be back. I feel a little better today then I was yesterday, for some reason comming over here when I start to get that way it helps me feel better, it's like magic almost.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi NGS, I'm Marty, an alcoholic. Like they say, keep comming back. If you fall, you gotta be sure to get back up. Find what works for yourself to stay sober. Ask for help if you feel yoourself slippin. Glad your here
Old 06-07-2004, 02:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Welcome Back NGS!
Old 06-07-2004, 04:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome back....the doors always open

Talia
Old 06-07-2004, 04:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Ngs

I am back to day one myself and a continous relapse. Lets see, three months sober, fell, two weeks, fell, three days, fell and always get a warm reception when I come back. That is not to say that relapse is "ok" but merely saying that as long as we are trying our best, we will eventually get there. So, welcome back and we start our journey over again..together.
Prayers and Hugs,
Roy