Notices

Haven't posted in a year here...

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Haven't posted in a year here...

Hello friends, I haven't posted on here in about a year, right after my first detox from a month long binge. Well since then, I have sadly relapsed probably 6 times. In one year! I am only 27 years old also. My most recent binge was a week long, and ended this past Saturday with my boyfriend (on his birthday mind you) taking me to the ER to get help. I was suicidal, withdrawing, basically feeling the worst I've ever felt. I was lucky enough to go straight from the ER to an inpatient detox center. I spent three days there, with moderate withdrawal. I am safely back home now and it is the end of day 4 for me. I feel okay physically now, just a mild upset stomach still and just still exhausted from all the meds they gave me.....
Anyway, I start an intense outpatient program on thursday, which i never decided to do in the past, which is why I relapsed so often. I'm taking classes, joining groups, doing one on one therapy. I'm willing to do it all now. I plan on staying active on these boards as well. You guys are very supportive and wish me luck!!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Left a 7 day detox monday and also considering an in or out patient rehab. I know what your going through and there are many helpful people on these boards, who have won this battle and are very insightful. I'm 9 days sober and it's got ups and downs but I want a better life and alcohol isn't the answer.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fancycat, Welcome back. I am glad you made it through your detox safely, and that you have not given up. Keep trying, you will get this right. Thank you for posting, keep it up, and hope to read more from you.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome back! It got better for me and more than I ever dreamed it would.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It does seem like we all have to go through hard times to get where we are. I'm glad that you are okay and are back!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it back. A new and sober life awaits you, and it will be so much better than the one you have recently been living. You never have to feel that way again! Isn't that just wonderful?!