Notices

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-19-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello all I have a similar story to most 28 years old and would really like a few words of encouragement when these withdraws will get any better. Lets start with I have done this whole going through withdraws I don't know how many times not proud of it at all. As of Saturday afternoon I called it quits AGAIN it is now Monday evening and still not much relief at all sweating really badly, unable to think straight,! I have not slept "believe me tried" not to bad on the shakes but do have a heart that's racing. Yesterday did get a little better for a few hours for some reason. This time it seems much worse but I think I say that everytime. Is it true that each time you go through withdraws it gets harder? And also I was really think that today would be a day I felt a little better but boy how I was wrong I work during the week and could not take off "did that to much last week drinking" lets just say when I drink I really really drink meaning all night, afternoon, and morning. Everyone says the third day is the hardest but heck is that today since I quit Saturday afternoon. About 1300 hrs to be exact. I do have Ativan but can not use it while I am working it makes me like a zombie. Everything makes me jumpy and at night when its quiet in the house I hear all sorts of things Its been about 55 hours since my last drink. Any advice would be great on when some of this feeling should get a little better. Thank you all in advance!! Hope tonight gets better!!

D

Last edited by drake; 08-19-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling and added one more line
Old 08-19-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 08-19-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drake View Post
Is it true that each time you go through withdraws it gets harder?
As a general rule, I think it's pretty much true. However, my last detox wasn't that bad. It was a hospital detox and I was kept comfortable. At 82 days sober now, I feel pretty well and I treasure my recovery.

After day 4 or 5, you should start feeling markedly better. If you should start feeling worse, please seek medical attention quickly. Better safe than sorry.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're right about each withdrawal getting worse...it's called "kindling", if you Google it there is some info on Wikipedia. You should start feeling better by Wednesday. Try to remember this feeling, really focus on how bad you feel. Since I stopped the last (and hopefully final) time 4 years ago, when I see alcohol, especially wine, I get overwhelmed with the same sick feeling I had during my last, awful withdrawal. Sure helps me stay sober!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Drake. I'm glad you found us.

I hope you'll begin to feel better tomorrow. It took me 3-4 days for the worst to be over. I had to make the decision to stop all together. My body couldn't take any more of the torture. I hope you will be convinced to stop putting yourself through this. This is a great place to be for support and encouragement. We all understand.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to SR, Drake!

My hangovers/withdrawals definitely got worse over time. I'm sure part of it was just the accumulated damaged I did to my body.

Hopefully you're through the worst of it. I noticed a pretty big difference in the way I felt on day 4. The insomnia is so annoying, I know, but I just tried to rest and tell myself each hour was another hour of healing. Hang in there - things really will get better.

Glad you're here!