Notices

Oh dear

Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh dear

Well I lasted six days sober, then decide, because obviously I've been so good, that I can have a drink! I've woken up this morning with my partner saying he is moving out because I hit and kicked him last night.

I can't remember a thing. I'm now going to lose the best thing that has happened to me and I honestly can't remember what I did.

I'm so depressed. I don't know what to do. He said I've broken him. That poor man. I've said sorry, but of course he doesn't want to hear that. I just wanted to post on here. I'm so ashamed.

Xxxxx
Old 08-04-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello
The only thing you can do is stop drinking. Maybe in time if he sees you are serious and quit then he will forgive you. Even if not, you don't have to do this again and when you are ready for a new relationship you know you won't ever do that again

I once threw a bottle at an ex boyfriend in a club.I'm horrified at what I did now sober. If a man did that to me I'd have no hesitation leaving him.

Do you have a plan to stay sober? I find SR a great help but perhaps AA, SMART or AVRT may help you too
Old 08-04-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry xpander. Some of us seem bound and determined to learn the hard way - I know I was.

Focus on staying sober - thats the best way to pull something good out of this. I can't promise it will save your relationship, but it's the best way forward for you right now.

D