Notices

Random alcohol test at work today

Old 07-16-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Random alcohol test at work today

Do you know how cool it was going into the test with more than 7 months sobriety?

Do you believe I was still a little nervous? What's up with that?!

Still figuring out who sober me is a little bit at a time. Still loving my sober mornings most of all. Hope you all had a good day. BJ

P.S. I blew 0.00 by the way. Sometimes "nothing" is cool.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BourbonJunkie View Post
Do you know how cool it was going into the test with more than 7 months sobriety?

Still figuring out who sober me is a little bit at a time. Still loving my sober mornings most of all. Hope you all had a good day. BJ

I look forward to the booze buses these days.
Nineteen years ago I blew .19.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They alcohol tested you? Why? Are they trying to catch drunk workers?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

what kind of job do they alcohol test you? I know they give random drug tests but alcohol tests? They have to swap your gum for that right? That's a bit much I think.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
what kind of job do they alcohol test you? I know they give random drug tests but alcohol tests? They have to swap your gum for that right? That's a bit much I think.
Yeah makes no sense to alcohol test unless there trying to find people drunk at work.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BourbonJunkie View Post

Yeah...I know EXACTLY how cool that is! Passed a random urine test when I was on probation for a DUI. I knew I had pee as pure as a newborn's but like you, I was a little nervous. I guess the nuns were successful instilling deep-seated guilt into me.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know they can do a saliva swab test that gives alcohol results over .02 in 4 seconds. Sounds like you did a breathalyzer. They may not necessarily be looking for drunk people at work (they would pull out an individual they suspect and test), but as a deterrent to let other employees know alcohol (still have a BAC after a long night) coming into the office still intoxicated in the morning won't be tolerated. Safety hazards, or just plain not in good shape to do the job even at a desk.

I know Florida has a special provision that if you follow certain alcohol/drug testing guidelines you get a discount on your worker's compensation costs.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Where i work we have alochol test after an accident , that makes for some less than calm moments, when you drank 2 beers on the way to work .
Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Certain jobs require random drug and alcohol tests as mandated by the DOT. When your number comes up you go get tested.
Yes, it was a breathalyzer. I was always careful over the years and don't THINK I ever came to work with alcohol in my system. Doesn't mean I wasn't hungover sometimes. Hell, it was the macho thing to do! But it's real nice to KNOW you have NOTHING to hide or worry about. Just another little reason to love my sober life.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mike is getting there!

I'm subject to random breathalyzers due to FAA regulations. I repair aircraft components.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I work for the Railroad where we are subject to Random Drug Testing which includes a breathalyzer. Since we have to go downtown, it also means I get to have a good lunch.