Notices

Day one again ...

Old 07-07-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one again ...

Made it 3 months ... then made it 2 weeks ... then another week. Seems I am ok for about a week ... then I think of all the false great wonderful things alcohol has done for me and bam. I am back out at the local bars making a fool of myself ... and ticking every one off in the bar. Or walking around town acting a fool ... now I am back to day one again with a bunch of anxiety, guilt, and paranoia ... I have to accept ... I can't drink at all.

Had to get that off my chest ... but gotta keep trying .... gonna keep checkin in here daily.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

have you considered doing something different this time with your recovery DM?

more support maybe, some lifestyle changes?

D
Old 07-07-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
have you considered doing something different this time with your recovery DM?

more support maybe, some lifestyle changes?

D
No I haven't ... any suggestions?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Go to A.A its helping me.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to change where I hung out and who I hung out with - so I'd suggest keeping out of bars and the like...at least for a while.

I think a greater level of support would be useful too - if SR's not proving enough for you, maybe you need to consider other options?

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

I found I needed to do more than just 'try again' because leading the same old life and not really having much in the way of sober support I invariably ended up in the same old places doing the same old things.

D
Old 07-07-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lifestyle changes are so important.

Exercise or sports of any kind are helpful. Changing some friends in your circle could also be necessary. How about reducing stress in your life where possible?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hey, DM.

Good to have you here.

There's the temptation that has hit 99% of us at one time or another that lead us to think of the good things we got out of drinking, all while ignoring or conveniently forgetting all the bad stuff. If you're back to quit outright, if you want the help of us nutty lot to help you make this a start of a new, better sobriety, this place is a great thing to have.

Stick around, mate. Seek advice, talk out the difficult stuff, get things off your chest... you're in the company of people either in your same boat or with some long-term sobriety to share. I'm in my fifth year now of using SR as a place to share, vent and learn from. It's great ####ing sobriety happening here. Jump in and you're a helpful and needed part of the process for all of us. Stick with us and we'll stick with you. All for one and one for all.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the input guys! Day 2 and feelin good ... gonna keep checkin in. Unfortunately checked out AA here and there is only one meeting for over 18 miles ... and can't get to their morning meeting ... small town life ... lol. Gonna try to use this forum as sub for now.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

I won't speak for anyone else, but the living hell I see people here put themselves through continuously only strengthens my commitment to staying sober.