Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Will be off from work for the next 3 days starting to today.

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So as the title states. I will be free from work Thursday evening until I return Monday morning. I feel scared because I do not have a plan to stay sober during these days. My last detox meeting for the week in on Friday, typically my binge would have started this after noon. 18 pack minimun daily + wine or liquor. Someone please suggest something, I don want to relapse this early. I now the grill be be fired up, music will be plasting and a cold one would be more then tempting. I'm actually salivating as I write this. Feels good to express myself.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Find a local AA. It doesn't cost anything,and you will find people there trying to do the same thing you are. We all know it's easier to do things as a team as opposed to by ourselves.

Fred
Old 06-13-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

LIke you I have the same issue.. starting today, no work and hubby home until Monday... The only GOOD thing about this weekend is that at least it's not a holiday weekend like Memorial day.. then I would really be off my nut. I see you are in MD, I'm in VA.. so guess what? More rain which means even more opportunity and excuses to drink. A few things I'm going to do are go to the library, go to the thrift store and try to go to bed early and sleep late. (I know hard to sleep now, right?) But at least when i'm actually lying down in bed, it's hard to drink without spilling! so a book will be coming with me.. I'm also thinking of going to my first AA meeting tonight.. NOt sure I have the courage.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's kinda of a holiday weekend for me since Sunday is Father's day. I have never been to an AA meeting. I know they are around. I am currently at work in Ashburn, VA and travel to Bowie/Lanham. Can your significant other accompany you to an AA meeting and offer some encouragement? . Are you aware of any AA meetings in NOVA? Maybe I can try one locally after work if feasible.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by cruzndabay View Post
It's kinda of a holiday weekend for me since Sunday is Father's day. I have never been to an AA meeting. I know they are around. I am currently at work in Ashburn, VA and travel to Bowie/Lanham. Can your significant other accompany you to an AA meeting and offer some encouragement? . Are you aware of any AA meetings in NOVA? Maybe I can try one locally after work if feasible.

yes, your significant other may go with you if it is an OPEN meeting, look for one of those. I went to an open meeting first too and i took my boyfriend with me for support, it helped me very much. After that I was able to go alone to closed meetings.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cruzndabay View Post
So as the title states. I will be free from work Thursday evening until I return Monday morning.
Tonight the Silver Spring, MD group of AA is having it's 68th anniversary party at 7:00PM with a potluck dinner, loads of desserts, 100+ sober people, and a couple speakers:

ST. LUKE LUTHERAN CHURCH
9100 COLESVILLE RD, SILVER SPRING

I'm not sure if that's on the right side of the beltway for you or not.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

It's a 3 day weekend for me, too! Starting off at a 7 am Maryland meeting, doing some errands then some computer work for work (planning for next week as we cleaned the classrooms today and I left early due to the bad weather and even stayed dry on the way home!) and a meeting or two tomorrow...9 am and noon....possibly answering the WAIA phone line on Sunday.....more errands, house cleaning, some painting and then organizing some things I haven't had time to do. It's going to be a nice 3 days off and hopefully I'll even manage a small nap in between....

Call WAIA to make sure the Silver Spring meeting hasn't been cancelled due to the weather 202-966-9115 (they would only know if someone let them know--Silver Spring near Colesville Rd was hit hard by the storm).

1200 weekly meetings in MD/VA/DC area!