Notices

DUI Has Lasting Consequences......

Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

yes, i do get it. i dont have any pain. i made a decision to live in the solution.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
People like you just don't get it. Is my pain not as real as yours? I just cannot give sympathy to other people when I have received so little in life.
You know you have helped me. Not that you were trying but you have. For the last 7 weeks I have been going over all the things that have happened to me over the years. I have a lot of pent up anger.

Listening to you cry and moan makes me wonder if I sound even a little like you.

It makes me want to dig my heals in deeper and try harder to count my blessings and learn to let go of resentments.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

[QUOTE=GracieLou;3975660]You know you have helped me. Not that you were trying but you have. For the last 7 weeks I have been going over all the things that have happened to me over the years. I have a lot of pent up anger.

No I wasn't trying to help you. This thread isn't about you. This thread was meant to help me & people are bringing up their sad stories. I really do not care about anyone else right now. I already stated that I don't respond to "tough talk". The funny thing is I know a few people relate to me & I do receive helpful IM's.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Maybe you just had some bad interviews. Here in AZ every other successful professional (I'm exaggerating a little) has a DUI. Keep plugging and If its a job you really want and they have concerns about the DUI be proactive about it. I think the trip to the cancer center was not intended as a bash; just keep plugging! There will always be "haters", despite not using, the world itself does not become a better place it just is what it is and what we make of it.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

"This thread was meant to help me & people are bringing up their sad stories."

"society labels me an alcoholic & that is what alcoholics do. "
" Life is simply unfair & the world is against me. "
" I just don't understand why I can't seem to catch a break in life??? "
"I just cannot give sympathy to other people when I have received so little in life. "
"I feel as if everyone blames me for being a alcoholic."

and thats just the sad stories form a few days, all yours. take a lok back at yer threads

i dont have a sad story, just. my story is awesome!!! it is sober, and it is free!

i feel very sorry for you and wish you the best of luck on your pity train ride...again.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have a "theft of services" that employers do not like. All because I jumped the subway turn style because I did not have the $2 bucks. Life is simply unfair & the world is against me.
are you kidding me? i am sorry to say, you decided to break the law and "jumped the subway turn" and were caught. i bet that was not your first time doing that. accept the consequences. what would life be like if we never had to face any consequences for our decisions, good or bad. if you went to college and had a law degree and the consequences of that was a successful career, would you complain then?. i am sorry to say, please stop feeling sorry for your self and accept your life as it is.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

tomsteve, but is antagonizing me really going to help me? Are my problems not real? Is serious mental illness not as bad as what you are going through? Maybe you can discuss these topics with your sponser?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
Maybe you just had some bad interviews. Here in AZ every other successful professional (I'm exaggerating a little) has a DUI. Keep plugging and If its a job you really want and they have concerns about the DUI be proactive about it. I think the trip to the cancer center was not intended as a bash; just keep plugging! There will always be "haters", despite not using, the world itself does not become a better place it just is what it is and what we make of it.
You are correct. There is a career type job that I briefly went to school for that I was denied. I am appealing & have a hearing next month.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
tomsteve, but is antagonizing me really going to help me? Are my problems not real? Is serious mental illness not as bad as what you are going through? Maybe you can discuss these topics with your sponser?
Your problems are definitely real. We all have real problems. It's how you choose to view them that is completely in your power. How you look at the world and your position in it is at your discretion. You can choose to focus on the positives, live in the moment, and not dwell in the past or obsess over the future. Or you can wither away with all the **** you've done and the consequences that resulted.

The sooner you realize that, in spite of how little we can actually control in life, we can still control our outlook. You'll always have to live with what came about because of your drinking. You'll be reminded of it every day. But don't let it beat you.

I totally know where you're coming from. I was there, just as countless others. But the moment I decided to focus on what I can change, rather than what I couldn't, it was a very freeing feeling. You can get there. I promise.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Have you tried the United Way? They often help place people that have prior convictions.

Truth delivered without compassion is just bullying.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

no one told us it was going to be fair

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post

think i need to take a ride, pck ya up, and take ya to the nearest cancer center and let ya tell the parents of them children hw unfair life is to you.

you are the only one who is against you!

suck it up cupcake.

I have been reading this thread off and on
I just have to agree with tomsteve here

I also (as many in recovery) have much wreckage in my past
yes it comes back to kick my rear end often
but
no one ever told me that life was going to be fair
the sooner that I (we) get over this notion
the better our life is going to be

we have to break the pattern of

poor me
poor me
poor me another drink
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

actually, my sponsor comes on here and reads what i post, along with what you and others do,too. ya know what he tells me?" well, tom, not sugar coatin it and gettin brutal is what it took to get you to see you were the only problem in your life, so good to see ya doin the same. babyin em will bury em and if i recall, you dont dig holes nor are you a pity party planner."

ever stop and think that maybe i also have mental illnesses that i have taken accountability for? ones i dont make excuses for? ones that i made a decision to get intot the solution for?

what i read from you,just, is me 10 years ago. it didnt work for crap for me.

and i got here by suckin it up, takin responsibility for my life, and puttin in the footwork.
yup...still have mental illnesses, but i refuse to let them control me today.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

well, you know what I think Just - blaming everyone and everything never helped me get anywhere.

Made me, and the vibe I was sending out to friends family and prospective employers, pretty unattractive too... tho I only appreciated that later.

sticking a folk in this one, too.
The same approaches yield the same results.

things need to stay constructive to be useful.
let's move on - thread closed

D