Notices

I was dependant on alcohol to sleep

Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was dependant on alcohol to sleep

When I was drinking if I went a night without it, it would take me 3.5 hours to fall asleep. I would be so tired all day. It was the same for about the first 4-5 nights off it. But now, I am consistently sleeping great every night. Within a half hour. I am never getting dependent on alcohol again!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Every time I quit (there were quite a few) I would maybe get an hour or two of sleep for the first three or four nights. I just learned to accept it as fact, then I would start being able to get three or four hours with more regularity. I used that as an excuse quite often to drink as well, "so I could sleep". I am 100 days sober now and I can fall asleep when I go to bed every night (I don't know how long it takes me but its short enough that I don't fret over it). The only issue I have now is a lifetime of procrastinating actually going to bed, so I have to remind myself to get the freak to bed and not finish that movie or keep reading till two in the morning. But I am taking that in stride.

With that I have developed an over sleeping problem lol. I am getting great sleep just not enough of it because I don't force myself to bed. The six hours I usually get though are doing me alright for now .

Sweet dreams!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear! I too, use alcohol for sleep and would like to try a spell without it.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have found that "alcohol sleep" and "sober sleep" are actually two very different things. The first is really more of a stupor, a period of unconsciousness that passes without restorative power. And then, waking, there is the headache, the sour taste, the bleak prospect of another day dog tired...

The second is... blissful.

Readysteady, if you want to try a spell, what is stopping you?