Notices

5 days no drink, feelin down

Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 days no drink, feelin down

Im so tired of feeling down and depressed, I called doctor and they cant see me for almost 2 weeks. wont prescribe antidepressent or anything without seeing me. Couldnt make ot to aa meetin 2night made a promise last night i would make cookies 2nite so i did. I havent found a sponcer yet i supose that will take a little time called my former sponcer from few years ago and she wasnt right she now has altimzers an just couldnt keep on a subject. really needed to talk to someone. I dont know what to do now everything seems worthless and hopeless.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Glad you are here and sober, Krazy. 5 days is great! It may take time to find a sponsor... Are you letting people know that you are new? Get numbers so you can call and talk to people.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you feel this way. But remember feelings just are and they change. It has become easier for me to just sit and feel whatever comes my way. Even if I have a feeling or idea to drink it doesn't mean I have to do it. The first few weeks sober were really hard for me. I am do glad that this time I just suffered through it. Life is so much better now!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I put a happy face on for my kids and hubby, but feel like im dieing inside.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you been screened for depression?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Krazynoklahoma, 5 days no drink, feelin down? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. It will take time for your body to learn to live without alcohol.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I know it's cliche, but things really will get better, krazy. I think we all go through some depression, feeling tired, sad, resentful, bored, foggy etc (I could go on!)..... It's tough at first, I know, but it's also worth it. Our brains need time to recalibrate and a lot of the ups and downs are a part of that and a part of healing, so if you can think of it that way, it helps.

Be patient with yourself (and try to keep the stress level as low as possible). Better days are ahead.....
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It might help to read other's stories on this site, if even to fill some time. Usually while reading some posts, something will jump out at me that I really needed to hear to at least get me thru that day or night. Our bodies are going through such a variety of changes in early sobriety, we don't even know all the emotions that will pop up. You say you're keeping a happy face on for the family, but they might be able to tell anyways. Can you just say you're feeling a little sad today? Does your husband know about your sobriety? Sometimes the family can be a strength if they know what's going on. Hope you can distract yourself 'til you can get in to see your doctor. Hang in there, it'll be worth it in the long run, and it WILL get better!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

this depression is like nothing ive been thru b4. and yes ive been diagnosed with major depression years ago. thinking about my daughter is all that is keeping me hanging on, I think about what it would do to her if i was not here.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Please tell me you are still not drinking? I had to log on just to tell you how great that you have 5 days,or 6, its a huge deal for you! Keep going! I am now at 45 or something days, the depression will lift, just be patient. Keep posting, thinking of your daughter, going to meetings and what ever else you have been doing to keep you from drinking. You CAN do this! It will get better and you will be rewarded in some way. I had a bad day today but reading you made it to day 5 made me feel better, keep in touch.

Patrick
Old 04-05-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Originally Posted by krazynoklahoma View Post
this depression is like nothing ive been thru b4. and yes ive been diagnosed with major depression years ago. thinking about my daughter is all that is keeping me hanging on, I think about what it would do to her if i was not here.
She needs you as much as you need her! Keep at it! We are all here for you.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krazynoklahoma View Post
I put a happy face on for my kids and hubby, but feel like im dieing inside.
You sound so much like me in 1989.

I had to begin my recovery in a 90 day rehab to get grounded then straight into AA. I had to do what I had to do to live ... and it wasn't easy.

All the best.

Bob R