Notices

Desperate for drink

Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Desperate for drink

ok on day 4 and didnt talk to hisband like i planned on. I got desperate. found what i could with alcohol in under cabinet so i downed 2 oz pure vanilla and listerine. felt a little better. at store i shoplifted 2 2oz bottles vanella and 1 more at dollar store. I dont know what the **** to do now. I cerently aint gona confess shopliftin.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Obviously you can't go on shoplifting vanilla essence and drinking listerine Krazy.

There's a lot of support out there - seeing your Dr, seeing a counsellor, going to rehab, checking out AA or some other recovery group....

what's your plan?

D
Old 03-30-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

?????

no o would rather drink vodka over tjat crqp. bit would ratjer be sober and happy, i dont know if its possoble. honstly consider killing self over that.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you feel like you're in danger please read these links Krazy - there's a lot of good reading here, and a lot of helpline numbers too

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

these people may be able to help find you local help with your addiction too:
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.

The thing is...we never know if recovery is possible until we try, Krazy.
We have to actually make an effort and reach out for help tho, I think?

I think it's time to try Krazy - you deserve a better life than this, surely?

D
Old 03-30-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please get help... it does get better!
Suicide doesn't only kill you but everyone around you too.
The first few weeks are hard but WAY worth how you'll soon feel.
Sounds like you need more support...have you tried AA?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Krazy,

Dee has posted some good links and advice for you. Please check it out. And please don't drink the listerine. It's very hard on not only your liver but your stomach as well.

For me, I had to go inpatient to get the best help. I stayed 30 days and did 6 months of the aftercare program. As my head cleared and the depression lifted, I was able to learn ways to enjoy my life and regain my health.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I dont know what hapened this afternoon, I got to feeling really crabby, and hateful when i got up, yellin at daughter and her frend, then i drank what i could find till i felt beter, now things have went all to ****
Old 03-30-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Krazy Ive been where you are at now with the destructive thoughts and hurting family. You can be better than that because your just like the rest of us, going through a very tough time. I hope that you see that your worth so much more than drinking Listerine, hell your better and worth more than drinking even the top shelf liquors. I hope the best for you without having met you but feel like were both going through some of the same pains and need to work together.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

trent if we r really going thru the same things then what r u doing??¿
Old 03-30-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Im giving in Karzynoklahoma, I have decided that I am too weak to fight this anymore and usually I am a tough and stubborn son of a gun. So I am letting myself become more submissive. Let others have some say or guidance over my well being. Perhaps the biggest thing I am doing is letting other people lift me up for a change when I thought that you must do everything alone. People have the capacity to hurt each other or help each other to an amazing amount. Just try to help each other out and accept that were not as strong as we think we are without the help of the many great people around us.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trent333 View Post
im giving in karzynoklahoma, i have decided that i am too weak to fight this anymore and usually i am a tough and stubborn son of a gun. So i am letting myself become more submissive. Let others have some say or guidance over my well being. Perhaps the biggest thing i am doing is letting other people lift me up for a change when i thought that you must do everything alone. People have the capacity to hurt each other or help each other to an amazing amount. Just try to help each other out and accept that were not as strong as we think we are without the help of the many great people around us.
💝
Old 03-30-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi krazyinoklahoma -

What about talking to your husband and/or going to the hospital? It's OK to say "I can't do this - I need help." That's what I had to do......I put myself in treatment, finally, because even with AA and family support, it wasn't enough. I felt hopeless, too..... it's what this disease does to us.

Please look into getting some help, OK? We're all behind you.....
Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
All is Change

ok, krazynoklahoma, i think i hear you. i think i've been there. it was along time ago now. there's a part that wants sober and clean and good. sometmes it gets small, that part. a friend at one time told me he thinks of it being a thin silver thread that anchors a part of him to that part wanting to get it right. sometimes i've been so far away from that part that its just an idea but never have i forgotten that thread and somehow its got me thru some stuff that i dont know if i would have gotten thru without it. i really wish all the of the best for you. sorry i cant be more helpful
Old 03-31-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

You can always call the AA intergroup hotline and talk with another recovering alcoholic before you shoplift and drink things that aren't meant to be drunk just to get that alcohol buzz.

Please get help
Old 03-31-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The day I talked to my husband and told him that I thought I was an alcoholic, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I never felt so much relief: I wasn't alone anymore. I gained a little respect for myself for not lying and I opened up the possibility for change. When I chose a program of recovery and started talking to people and working a program, the isolation disappeared.