Notices

Your Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink

Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Galatians 5:13

My favorite is cold natural, spring water (preference is Zephyrhills). Two things I enjoying drinking now that I didn't use to are coffee (Seattle's Best, 4) and Beck's N/A.

I was a wine drinker, rarely a beer drinker. For some reason a cold, bottle of Beck's NA beer occasionally hits the spot!

Last edited by tammy711; 02-07-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

McDonald's diet coke. I could easily drink 1-2 large everyday. I only have one every few days though. Something about the way they carbonate it makes it better than other places. Nutty, but it's true!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

shirley temple or roy rogers when I'm at a restaurant or a bar. Coffee is great too
Old 02-07-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Tonight I am drinking 4 parts club soda with 1 part orange juice, with a lime wedge.

I call it "my brighter future".
Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tammy711 View Post
My favorite is cold natural, spring water (preference is Zephyrhills). Two things I enjoying drinking now that I didn't use to are coffee (Seattle's Best, 4) and Beck's N/A.

I was a wine drinker, rarely a beer drinker. For some reason a cold, bottle of Beck's NA beer occasionally hits the spot!
Does anyone else drink non-alcoholic beer?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Coffee, water, juice most days.

When dining or out, soda with lime, smoothies and occasionally a coke.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrTumble View Post
Does anyone else drink non-alcoholic beer?
Interesting question! I have heard the pros and cons of NA beer when in recovery.

Cannot go wrong with a flavored water, Diet Coke or Canada Dry Ginger Ale.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've always heard said that non alcoholic beer is for non alcoholics. While I do mostly drink Pelligrino, diet Coke, bottled water etc. I know if I start mixing up drinks, "virgin cocktails" etc. to "replace" an alcoholic drink, that my thinking is way off the beam. So I stay away from romancing the drink.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I drink:

80% water
15% coffee
5% other

oops... almost forgot that I recently started drinking nutribullet vegetable/fruit juices. that's taking about 35% away from the 80% water, but I haven't been doing it enough yet to know if it's a keeper in the daily diet.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by youbetcha View Post
I've always heard said that non alcoholic beer is for non alcoholics.
Then it would only stand to reason that alcoholic beers would be for alcoholics. If it works one way, it must work the other also. But I won't go there in this thread. .05 of the 5% in my previous post would be in the category you're claiming is for non alcoholics. See what I did there.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

That's amazing Joe Nerv, and you know how to use emoticons better than I do too, you must really know a lot about sobriety, please teach me, ha.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I wonder what one of those soda waters would be like if you mixed it with iced tea?
I'm very lucky living in Massachusetts (never heard someone say that! Haha jk) because we have an astounding variety of soda waters from Polar brand.
Black cherry
Cherry pomegranate
Mandarin
Boston cream pie
Vanilla
cranberry lime
Mixed berry
Strawberry
grapefruit
and the list goes on!
Also, just about any coffee. I did purchase the Bailey 's French vanilla creamer which was delish but too close to a sombrero or something else. For that reason I do not drink non alcoholic beers.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Joe Nerv View Post
I drink:

80% water
15% coffee
5% other

oops... almost forgot that I recently started drinking nutribullet vegetable/fruit juices. that's taking about 35% away from the 80% water, but I haven't been doing it enough yet to know if it's a keeper in the daily diet.

Joe nerv. I LOVE the nutri bullet! If you ever want to share concoctions I'm your girl!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by youbetcha View Post
That's amazing Joe Nerv, and you know how to use emoticons better than I do too, you must really know a lot about sobriety, please teach me, ha.
Hey, didn't mean my comment as a personal attack. Just heard the non alcoholic line too many times now to not come back with the obvious counter part. There are some people who have no problem with non alcoholic beers, and it sometimes gets tiring hearing this stuff over and over. Lots of past discussions here on NA beer. I agree that for an alcoholic it's a dangerous thing to play with, and I would never recommend it - but some of us have taken the gamble (in my case innocently as I was never warned against it) and never had any problem with it. Others have taken the gamble and it took them right back out there. Probably not worth the risk.

I make no claims to knowing more than anybody about anything. I know what I know for me, and I know what's kept me sober for as long as it has. I'm gonna guess you know more about emoticons than me also, becaue I only know about the ones flashing around below this post. Most people here have lots more of them. I wanted to use the guy hitting himslef in the head today, and couldn't find it.

To Ivegotsunshine - I almost immediately went hardcore on the nutribullet. My wife can't stand what I drink. Kale, spinach, cucumber, flax seed, hemp powder, grapes, and gogi berries has been what my last few were made of. Can't say it tastes so great, but it's got to be good for me.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I mostly stick to teas and coffee. I'm not a big pop fan thank god!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Galatians 5:13

Is there seriously a con to drinking NA beer? I guess that question would go for any virgin type cocktail?

NA wine is gross, I never liked the sweet cocktail type drinks (juice and spirits) so I don't drink the virgin drinks either, but I thoroughly enjoy an occasional, very cold, NA beer.

I have had 5 since Thanksgiving. I think they were all football related. Nope, that is a fib, I brought and drank one on the beach one night - no football, just friends and a sunset.

I don't finish the NA beer. Once the liquid gets room temp, it gets dumped.

Seriously though, some people are against NA beer?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Seriously though, some people are against NA beer?
Let's just say that I'm about the only one here that I know of, aside from you, who has no problem with them and is willing to post about it. Some people drink them the same as they did beer, and for whatever reasons, it takes them back out there. Or they're concerned that it will. They consider it a trigger, which it never was for me. Nor a handful of other sober friends of mine.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Lipton Ice Tea's for me.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Is there seriously a con to drinking NA beer? I guess that question would go for any virgin type cocktail?
For some people yes. I won't drink NA beer or wine as it just re-enforces "drinking", for me anyways. Everyone has to do what is best for them.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

New Fav: Berry Lemonade Mojito (mocktail, of course)

Just tried this drink out a couple nights ago while out downtown Boston with a friend. It seems like a lot of pubs/bars/hotel lobbies are now catering to sober clientele here. (I wasn't the only one in the joint enjoying my "overpriced koolaides" - as my friend calls them.) Yay! However, I'm still waiting to get served a Mocktail menu...