Notices

My Third Anniversary of Sobriety

Old 01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

8 Congratulations on 3 Years!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for the great post Omega10. I can feel your growth in your words.

Would you please share with us how you came to be in this place in your life.... 3 years into recovery.

Where were you 3 years ago, what happened, what did you do to quit drinking and grow toward serenity and sanity?

All the best. ( I know that just living in Toronto is already half way to heaven )

Bob R
Old 01-19-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Bob! I journaled my story and my recovery in the Blogs section on this site. You are more than welcome to read it, starting here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-my-story.html

There were times where I wanted to give up. In fact, one day if it weren't for the fact that I ran into a friend of mine along the way, I would have gone to a bar and starting drinking. I'm certainly glad I didn't give up that day!

I wanted sobriety so bad that I was willing to give up whatever was necessary. It wasn't easy - there is a huge grieving process I went through because of it. But somewhere in the past 4 months or so things changed so that instead of missing what I cannot have, I am thankful for what I do have.

Not sure if this all makes sense. Please feel free to ask me more questions if you like. I'm not an expert or professional therapist, but I am happy to share my experiences with you in order to help.

I wish you well in your recovery!
~Omega
Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Nice post. I don't know if the worst is behind me but, I'm no longer self inflicting myself with trouble like in the past. Glad, to hear you got church going for you. I feel it essential for me anyway to keep my self sober and spiritually fit.

Wishing you many more years of sobriety to come
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks, Captain Zing! I've lurked around in the Christians in Recovery section and have seen some of your posts. They have been helpful to me.

Funny thing is, I avoided AA because "I didn't want God shoved down my throat". I resisted anything to do with the higher power concept. Then through a series of events I wound up going back to church - the irony! I acknowledge that it's not for everyone, but it has helped me a lot.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

It's always best to not give unwarranted advice unless it's ask for