Notices

The taste of alcohol

Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The taste of alcohol

I remember the taste. Makes me queasy. The first shot sending shivers through my body. I have been reading about liver cleansing on the internet. I found some info. Drink lemon juice. I bought a bag of lemons last week. Everytime I think I am going to drink some lemon juice I think about the taste and I don't do it.
How is it that I would force down a shot of whiskey or a bottle of cheap wine but I won't drink a shot of lemon juice? It is supposed to be good for me.
Alcoholic brain is utterly senseless.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

and i told myself for along time that i drank because i liked the taste.
I certainly didnt like the taste when it took 6 shots just to get the next shot to stay down.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

squeeze some lemon juice in a cold cup of water
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
I have been reading about liver cleansing on the internet. I found some info. Drink lemon juice. I bought a bag of lemons last week.
I have no idea how lemons help cleanse your liver, but at least you won't get scurvy.

The best thing you can do for your liver is stay sober!

Good luck.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, there is certainly more to alcoholism than just the physical addiction. It's such a deep and progressive disease of both the body and especially the mind.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I heard that about lemon juice too. A person close to me has cancer and was advised lemon juice and or lemonade by a rn. Curious..
Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
oak

I love lemon juice diluted in cold water. It is like lemonade to me. I got used to it without sugar.

I hated the taste of alcohol too. Made me shudder to drink hard alcohol. My body seemed so clear that it was poison. But I did it anyway. Addiction is like that. I am so glad I stopped.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm glad you stopped too! Me too! Scarey stuff!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
I remember the taste. Makes me queasy. The first shot sending shivers through my body. I have been reading about liver cleansing on the internet. I found some info. Drink lemon juice. I bought a bag of lemons last week. Everytime I think I am going to drink some lemon juice I think about the taste and I don't do it.
How is it that I would force down a shot of whiskey or a bottle of cheap wine but I won't drink a shot of lemon juice? It is supposed to be good for me.
Alcoholic brain is utterly senseless.
This is exactly why I did a pill cleanse instead from the health supply store lol. I know I can't drink things like that, and lemon water has it's own issues if you drink too much of it. Go to your local health store like a GNC or Super Supplements and talk with them about a liver cleanse. I did a 7 day one and I couldn't believe how much better I felt!

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lemon and warm water, first thing in the morning, according to Dr Oz and Dr Moreno, is good for your digestive system.

I personally will not spend money on liver cleanse programs or pills that do not have published, peer reviewed and falsfiable scientific evidence proving their efficacy.

Instead, I shall treat my liver well, by not drinking, eating well, sleeping well and exercising.