Notices

relapsed again

Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relapsed again

i am so upset, past few days i relapsed again. it sucks, i hate my self right now. i feel terrible. i dont even want to look in the mirror to shave or comb my hair. i want to quit drinking so bad. i think i wil go see my doctor again to get some antidepressants or something to help my stop. has any one tried this? thanks for lestening,, i need someone to talk too.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Relapse happens. Question is what was the trigger? If you understand it you can avoid next time. Don't beat yourself up over this. Just turn the page and write new ones, sober ;-)
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you had support from your doctor Rob? I got offered campral to help with cravings when I quit but I turned it down. Which I regret now. It might have made things easier. But I think it all has to be done alongside some sort of recovery method or retraining of your thinking patterns. I'd just get whatever help you can, it can never be too much x
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

anti depressants can be helpful if the Dr thinks you need them for depression - like mine did...

but they didn't do anything for my alcoholism tho.

What have you been doing for your recovery so far?

D
Old 12-01-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A talk to your doctor would be a good thing.
Maybe he/she can give you something to help you on your way.
But it's you who has to stop.
No one else can do that for you.
Good luck and wisedom.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Robgt350-

Don't be so hard on yourself...
The BAD news is, your an alcoholic,
But the GOOD news is, your an alcoholic, and there are a lot of us out there just like you.

I don't think anti-depressants will do anything to control your obsession to drink. Best talk to your doc first. He may give you a script of something else to help with the detox.

One day at a time,
Zube
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nothing you can do about your relapse now.

Just need to pick yourself up and got on with it.

Also, you should look in the mirror, shave, shower and make yourself look presentable. You will feel better about yourself and others will see that you mean business.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you every one for the responces. i guess it was one of those days again. yes i relapsed, and i have go on line every one said. i plan to make an appointment to see my doctor about this. but once again thank you. i need this support,, every one here is great
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

You might say relapsed. But are you working any program of recovery?? That can surely help get you on the right track to better spiritual fitness. Then you eventually won't need a drink.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go get in the shower and clean up. Sitting around feeling unclean will not help.
You will feel better.
The day after is always the worst.
You came back here.
So in my mind you are still doing good. It's progress not perfection.
It's only bad when you don't come back or give up.
My best to you

Xxxx
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Try not to get down on yourself about it. Try and learn from it instead. You arent the first who has felt like this, and you wont be the last. But it certainly can be the last time for you if you want it to. Id definately talk to your doctor. For me, I found that the best way to deal with my depression was to try and "catch" those depressed thoughts and even though I felt like doing NOTHING (like I was wading through mud) I would try something very small, then another small thing, and keep goin until I got stronger and my lifestyle was changing (and my headspace too).
Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Every day you don't drink is a victory, whether you wind up relapsing or not.

Remember and celebrate your success, don't beat yourself up for your failure.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You do not need to hate yourselves. All of us learned to walk and run, only after falling down and getting injured.. It is as natural... The key is to learn from this relapse, analyze the actual trigger and take action to tackle those kind of triggers , in future.It is not the relapse.. It is how you react to the situation after the relapse.. If you are able to continue your sober life , from now on , then , actually the relapse did not happen because , it did not do any damage.. Forget it as a nightmare and move on with sober life.. There is no other better way .
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Colts!

You have to ask yourself why this happened. If I were to relapse right now, I already know why it would be.

1. I do not go to meetings as much as I can.
2. I have held back from getting a sponsor.
3. I have not completely abandoned old friends that still drink.
4. I do not avoid drinking at all costs.

etc.

Now, having said all that, I know that it is MY fault if I relapse. Not because I can control my drinking, but because I know I cannot. AA has given me the blueprint on how to stay sober, it's members have given me additional tips to increase my enjoyment of this sobriety, and God has taken the issue out of my hands if I do everything in MY power to stay sober. So, what are you not doing that you should be doing? Where are you holding back?