Notices

Job Interview In Sobriety....

Old 11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Job Interview In Sobriety....

I have a interview today for a upscale business type clothing store. I'm kinda nervous. I have sales experience & know I can do the job. I know for a few years I was unemployable. Basically, panhandling and borrowing from friends/family. The funny thing is that when I am dressed up in formal clothes I look like just an ordinary business man. I do have a criminal conviction that I will have to explain because of my past anti-social type behavior.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I have sales experience & know I can do the job.
Focus on that part right there.

Good luck!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree. Focus on the positive. If you know you can do the job then your confidence will shine through. It may help though to have practiced how you might respond to the questions about your record. There is surely a honest and professional way in which to present this. Doing that appropriately may go just as far in helping you to land the job.

Regardless of the outcome, this is a great step and will serve as great practice. I found that I got much better at interviews after I did a few of them so there is only good that can come out of this.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TiG

Best of luck to you. Knock'em dead
Old 11-13-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Goodluck. I have a job interview coming up this week and i'm sitting myself... I worked f/T from 18 to about 28 and then I was unemployable for a few years also!! Just the confidence thing I spose
Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

How did the job interview go?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

paper, I'm not sure. She asked me the standard interview questions with the last being, "why should I hire you?" I answered, "because I know I could do a good job it's just a manner of convincing you." She kinda smiled at that answer so maybe it was a good response. IDK and ,truthfully, if I don't get it I'm still proud of myself just for going. She was 20min late & I was getting nervous even considered just walking out. At least it gave me some practice in job interviewing.