Notices

Hi there

Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi there

Hi there. My name is Jeff and I am 30 years old. I am almost 1 year sober, but I have to thank my new girlfriend for that. I knew I couldnt date another drinker cause I would be sending myself to any early grave. In my early twenties I was a heavy hard liqour drinker. I still remember all the crown royal bottles I would leave under my bed so my mom wouldnt see. Then I knew it was too much so I went to drinking beer. Through 25-29 years old I was going through 2 full cases of beer a week. Man those hang overs suck. Anyways I just have a question so I hoping someone knows the answer. I have trouble sometimes saying the words that I want to say to someone. They get all mixed up. When I was drinking it happened, but I thought it was just the hangover. Its been a year and Im hoping that I havent caused permanent brain damage cause when I was in school I spoke perfectly and was apart of assemblys where I would talk to the whole school. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your sober time...

Have you checked with your doctor over this situation?
That is always a wise move....

Welcome to our recovery community...
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

If it's a kind of one off thing, like telling someone how you feel about them, you could try writing down what you want to say, then read it out, or just write them a nice letter. I did that with my Dad because we never talked about emotional stuff. I got a real nice letter back, we both know how we feel about each other, and yet we have never discussed it.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Muskie, congrats on your sober time. I'd like to hear what other peoples thoughts are on this too. I used to be an excellent public speaker, now I get nervous, words get mixed up, it's like I struggle to pre-process what comes out of my mouth now. I'm almost 6 months sober, it has gotten better, but it's still there.

Sad part is, I don't know if it's life or alcohol that changed me. Guess I'll never know. God Bless
Old 11-12-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Muskie x