Notices

Day 2 again !

Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 again !

I figured if I typed it with an exclamation it wouldn't seem so bad.
But yeah, here again second time around.

I had originally thought that if I took some time off I'd be able to come back and drink responsibly. I do have to say this lasted for 6 months? Then I went through a break up and started playing music live more often again and I found myself givin' er (this term is under used, givin' er) 3-4 times a week. And lately found myself craving alcohol on "off" days.

So now I'm here, sharing a very condensed version of my story. Just wondering how you're all doing this fine evening. Me, been better but I've CERTAINLY been worse !
Old 11-03-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Call Me "Cor"

I have been drinking too. I'm glad to see you around, Invisible. Seeing the invisible....I find social situations to be a catastrophic trigger to drinking.

Wake up and look yourself in the eye. Take a picture or look yourself dead in the eye. Tell yourself you are beautiful.

Because you are beautiful.

I was a musician, a heavy metal musician, and I could not have a healthy relationship with my fans because I was an addict.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, I've had more than my share of day 2s. They suck. But I have also in the past managed to get past them to get several months of sobriety under my belt and that felt great. The good thing about day 2s is that you're close enough the madness to remember how painful it is (you might even still have a kind of hangover) and that's a good time to draw a programme of action to change the situation. To give an example, I booked myself in for weekly addiction counselling and I also chose to go to AA meetings every day. I went to one last night and another this morning and things seem a lot clearer. I am not saying it all feels fine now - it doesn't because I've not got insight into the mess I was creating and the people I was hurting. But I know I have to go through this experience in order to get to a better place. It's like looking around your room after a nasty binge and seeing all the empty bottles, cans and debris. Either you can clear it up, mop the floor and take a shower and move on or you can just carry on making more mess. The clean up job is going to be difficult but it's got to be the best choice given the circumstances, hasn't it?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 3 ! really weird food urges. Totally giving in to them.
Lays chips with hot sauce on them... so good.