Notices

Long night of waiting

Old 11-02-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long night of waiting

Finally went to see my doctor today and got the liver function test run. Now, it's a long night of waiting. BUT, once it is over, I will be relieved... and I will work through the weekend, and yes, continue to drink in the evenings. Then Monday morning, 8 a.m., I will go to the chemical dependency center as scheduled.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure everything will be ok vespera

D
Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Excited for your new start, Vespera. You have everything to look forward to - no more being a slave to that junk.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel like my feelings about alcohol are starting to change already. Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I was trying to compare it to smoking (another addiction I've battled) today. I NEVER look at other smokers anymore and think, wow, that looks so cool. I never envy them for their ability to have a cigarette. I smell it on someone else and I think it's nasty, pure and simple, and glad I am not doing it.

There are definitely times I want a smoke. But that momentary craving never replaces the feeling that I so much better and happier off without it, ever.

Hope to get there someday with the booze, too.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ha, maybe I should just make this thread a blog. It's starting to feel like an online diary!

I DO almost feel that way about booze. It's strange how it starts to stand out so much. I feel like something clicked recently and I am not sure what. Still, I am too scared of physical aftershocks to do this on my own, so I will be patient with it for a few more days.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Vespera I am sober for the longest ever right now (aside from when I was pregnant) after many tries at quitting. I too had something "click" this time... I totally get what you mean. I just KNEW that I meant business this time around. I hate alcohol now. I don't crave it. It disgusts me. I pity people who rely on it even socially. I hope these feelings never go away, and I hope you are having the same "click" that I had. Good luck!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I certainly hope everything goes your way as far as the liver function test is concerned. If you believe drinking alcohol is a problem in your life, I hope you quit. You can do it.