Notices

OT Zee's Puppies!

Old 09-27-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Pepper (Dachshund) and Jake (Sprollie)
Two extremely spoiled dogs...we love them so much!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

That picture is way too cute! Every time I see puppies and kittens I automatically become 5 years old.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post

looks like peppers sayin," I got my person trained right"
and jake is sayin," my person has scoobysnacks!!"
Old 09-28-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Zee

I love that people are posting pics of their babies on this thread... I hope it continues.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Zee

Cookie and Maddie had their season at the same time this year and Maddie had mastitis... mega bucks for the vet but all sorted now. Please post your furrie pics on this thread..... maybe an admin person can move it to café central but I honestly think it can be a bit therapeutic being where it is... well it has been for me x
Old 09-28-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I think that many of us recovered types are more sensitive than the general population...that's why we love our critters so much!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Nice pic. Had never heard the term sprollie before, had to Google it!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Nice pic. Had never heard the term sprollie before, had to Google it!
I know this thread isn't specifically recovery, but I believe that animals are great helpers when we are struggling with sobriety. The unconditional love they give us soothes our shameful and lonely souls.

Regarding the post I just quoted...

A Sprollie is a Springer Spaniel Border Collie cross. Jake is the smartest, kindest dog we've ever had. He loves his family, though always friendly and never, ever aggressive, he's a bit stand-offish with strangers. Not children though. He adores them, will herd them as long as possible. Runs straight up to babies, but never touches them or make them fall. So gentle. He loves to do tricks and learns so fast! Sit, shake, lie down, roll over, stay...all took an hour each, at the most. I've been trying to teach "speak", by saying speak, then barking at him. Well, he seems to think I'm sneezing, so when I say speak, he sneezes quite brilliantly! He loves to swim in the ocean and chases squirrels like a nutcase. He gives cats a wide berth though.

Now Pepper is the little General, if he was human he'd have "Napolean Syndrome". Only 12 pounds, he bosses everyone, growls when he wants anything, barks like a mad fool at dogs twenty times his size, glares at Jake and steals his food (and poor, kind Jake just lets him have it). Has never, ever learned to do a single trick (growls when you even attempt to teach him). He's never bitten anyone, so it's all show.

Thank God for our animals. I'm so glad I'm sober, because I know I take great care of them, a small price to pay for the joy they give back!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Zee

I'm loving this... Maddie has 1/4 Jack Russell and is a minx, I had alcoholic hepatitis but I'm ok now (thank you liver for regenerating) she is tiny but jumps up and down on my liver area.. still feels tender even though I had the all-ish clear... keep sober friends xxx
Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

My fur babies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Theboys.jpg (54.0 KB, 119 views)
Old 09-29-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Wow, I haven't checked in on the old cat thread in a while, its still there. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ers-group.html
Old 09-29-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

his majesty at the park

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

there I was getting ready to snap a picture when pete was comin back with his squeakerball and the lil peckerhead decided it was breaktime.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

heres a blessing of pete thedog:
my mom has lived with me for 10 years and I have been her caregiver. she was diagnosed 11 years ago with dementia. in the last 6 months, after a very healthy life(86 years), one where the most major event was gall bladder surgery in 1976, her health started turning. 5 weeks ago, she got pneumonia and eneded up in the hospital for 6 days. upon release, it was decided that she would need some rehab to gain back some strength, so she went to the local nursing home for it( it is a very good nursing home,too). I took pete up there every day. mom just loved seein "my puppy!"( that's what she called pete). she had to be transported to the hospital on sept 8th. heart beat was erratic. found out she was in kidney failure.there really wasn't much they could do as dialasys would be too hard on her and surgery for a pace maker..well, she wouldn't recovery from it. so we ( me and my sister) made the decision that mom go back to the nursing home( the only reason being is there was no way I could handle taking care of mom without 24 hour nursing help, which she would get in the nursing home).
we got mom back there on the 12th. the morning of the 13th, I went up to the nursing home with pete. the head nurse said it would be a miracle if mom lived past that day.
the whole time that day, pete wouldn't leave the room. he was either on my lap, on moms favorite blanket, which was folded up on the floor, or on moms bed at her feet. I couldn't get him to leave the room.
when mom passed away, pete the dog went up to her face and gave her a kiss, then jumped into my lap and did the same, then back on moms bed and layed at her feet.
when we came home, he would nap in her chair and sleep on her bed. it took a few days for him to start sleepin back in my bed, but he still naps on grammas chair.
dogs are truly a blessing from God. there have been times in the past few weeks I have broken down and that lil guy has been right there on my lap, lickin away the tears.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Zee

Oh I'm so sorry, that's a truly touching story of beautiful Pete. I hope you are ok. Losing your mum is very hard (lost my mum to cancer 3 yrs ago) Pete will keep you strong xxx
Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

the look is,"oh, my human thinks its naptime....."
[IMG][/IMG]

"...when its really time for me to show his hand who's boss...."
[IMG][/IMG]

sorry if im hijackin the thread with pete thedog( 'thedog" is his middle name), but he rocks!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Zee

The top pic looks like Cookie, with the 'I don't wish to look at you' eyes.... the bottom pic is Maddie for sure.... I love Pete and I haven't even met him!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Pete sounds so awesome! I don't know if you've seen this photo, but it is of an American Soldiers casket. Laying beside it is his dog, who refused to leave the entire funeral. I get tears in my eyes every time I see it.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Pete sounds so awesome! I don't know if you've seen this photo, but it is of an American Soldiers casket. Laying beside it is his dog, who refused to leave the entire funeral. I get tears in my eyes every time I see it.

isn't that just awesome!!! heres a few videos that make me tear up,too:
Military Reunions with Man's Best Friend: Dogs Welcoming Home Their Owners from Deployment - YouTube

Soldier welcomed home by happy dog!!! - YouTube
that ones a deaf rescued pit bull( looks pretty ferocious!)

and my favorite:
Soldier Reunion Dog Crying - YouTube

one mnore:
German Shepherd Fetches Ball, Returns to Find His Soldier Home from Deployment - YouTube
Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Zee

Tissues