Notices

Definitely An Alcoholic

Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Definitely An Alcoholic

I have tried and tried to prove otherwise, but I am an alcoholic. I have the mental obsession that drives me bonkers when I am not drinking, and the physical allergy that, no matter how good my intentions are, doesn't let me quit drinking once I start. I don't quit until I pass out in a black out. September 17th is my new sobriety date. I haven't had much luck in the past making it beyond a month, but now I need to make it forever. I am a danger to myself and to others when I drink. I don't want to die and I don't want to kill or injure anyone. I am happier when I am sober and want to remain sober forever! Thank you all for SR, it helps me.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DAB

Are you going to AA?
Finding a good meeting to attend is what has kept me happily sober for over 10 1/2 months.
Every time I have tried to quit before never lasted, with AA, my convictions are stronger than the day I decided to quit. My life is so much better than it was before AA and I continue to move forward.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR PattyS!!....You sound like me when I gave up.....You don't see too many people that show up here that have that part down...You must have been doing some reading. I hope you've checked out a meeting or two and I'm glad you are here!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Luck,I had many years of happy sobriety,try to find a meeting your comfortable with,just get a good sponser,dont ignore the nutrition part,look into the amino acids and vitamins that can help a lot,stay away from coffee and sugar,google the info on the aminos they have helped me.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR PattyS

D
Old 09-19-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Patty
Have you thought about how you will stay stopped? What resources/support system you can lean on?
As others mentioned, AA helped me stay sober. If it hadn't been for going to meetings, the sober friends I met there, and working through the steps, I don't think I would still be sober 14 years later
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community...

Glad you found us.please keep posting...we are a supportive bunch..