Notices

Tension/ Stress Headache

Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tension/ Stress Headache

I've had an ongoing pressure headache for about a week now.... I've been sober for 15 days and I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I stopped drinking. Or maybe I have always gotten these but the alcohol would cover them up. Anyone else with similar experiences? I don't really know where to post health info. And they are really annoying.

Also, what do you all do when you feel anxious? I've been having horrible anxiety this past week and am trying to learn some coping methods.

Any feedback helps. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section... Mods, feel free to move it to an area you see more fit if needed.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Ouch....anytime pain is present ..I have it checked out with my doctor.

We can not give medical advice on any of our forums.
What worked for someone could well be dangerous for another.

Here is our SR Rule 10....
10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.

Anxiety is not part of my medical history so I have no coping
skills to offer. Please see if this link has

Anxiety Disorders - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Good to know your sobriety continues ..

Last edited by CarolD; 08-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is only day 5 for me (this time) but there are some mindfullness meditation videos over on youtube that seem to help with the anxiety. I just went through one...it took less than 10 minutes right here in the computer chair.

Seems to help. Best wishes and prayers your way.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had headaches at about 14 days sober for a few days.drinking lots of water and exercise,even just a walk helped me
Old 08-12-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you seen a Dr, Goldilocks?

D