Notices

Day one again

Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one again

Well, I'm on day one again after a really rough week. Called a friend from AA and I'm attending a meeting tonight..Any advice on how to get through the next few days would be greatly appreciated..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I was sober for quite a while & had a 1 day slip now back "on the wagon". I use to get hung up on the day counting & be so angry with myself that I would stay in the relapse for weeks or even months.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AA is a great start. The sooner you get involved the better. Talk to folks at the meeting. The 12 steps of AA saved my life. Ive been sober 4 years now and couldnt be happier. The key to AA is just doing the work that is suggested. It works!

Best wishes to you!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by easyrider73 View Post
Well, I'm on day one again after a really rough week. Called a friend from AA and I'm attending a meeting tonight..Any advice on how to get through the next few days would be greatly appreciated..
Yeah... keep going to those meetings.

(You can call your AA friends before you drink... you don't have to wait until after)

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes - be good to yourself. Dust off, and reach for sobriety.... Beating yourself up doesn't accomplish anything...
Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So far I'm still dry, except for the gallon of Gatorade I've been drinking to try and rehydrate myself..Just trying to get through the first 24 hours, thats always been the hardest for me.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Best advice for the first month: Don't drink, and go to as many meetings as possible.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Flyerfan, that is what I'm gonna do starting tonight with a meeting. Luckily I was able to get a hold of the guy who really helped me a lot the last time when I was in AA..It sure helps to be able to talk to other people that has the same problems with alcoholism.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
High on Life

Don't pick up no matter what. It's hard, but the more you pick up the harder it is.

Sometimes I feel that people think there is a magical solution. There is no easier, softer way in the beginning. It gets easier with time, but you have to be really determined in the beginning.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have no choice this time around. If I don't focus on sobriety I'm gonna lose my wife this time. Now that I'm sobering up I'm getting to hear all the hurtful things I said and did over the past few days.. Nothing worse than not remembering a thing that happened, Its like I lost about a week of my life.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know if you've read this but there are some good tips here anout getting through the first days easyrider:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

welcome back

D
Old 08-09-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well here I am on day two..And I tell you I need to find me a hobby or something to do today. I'm feeling much better health wise this morning, got a good nights sleep.But all the things I done during my binge are really bugging me, I feel so ashamed to be around the family I hurt.