Notices

the mega anxiety of all

Old 07-28-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

the mega anxiety of all

ive woke up having the badest attack of all and its really scaring me ive woken my boyfriend up its that bad im shaking, im cold, im tired its so bad
Old 07-28-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry you are feeling unwell. Do you think drinking those
beers might be the reason? Your mind and body are telling
you that alcohol is no longer agreeing with you?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

i knoww it was the alcohol, and i told my boyfriend the same the beer is no longer agreeing with me.
i was stupid to even buy them. esp when i was doin well i didnt even have cravings it was like force of habit, so that habit i need to break free from
Old 07-28-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I tried to quit too and like most people I failed hundreds of times before I found sobriety.

Learn from your mistakes and remove any drinking triggers. Rule number one in my case was no alcohol in the house, period!

Dave
Old 07-28-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

ive tried so many times with the no drink in the house and i still do it
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The anxiety and panic attacks were what eventually triggered my quitting! For almost a year, I'd have them about once a week, after a night of heavey drinking and smoking cigs. They were crippling, sometimes I couldn't even drive my car, I had to pull over for fear that I was going to black out. I did learn to control the panic through breathing and calming techniques, but realized the best was to stop drinking!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

"The anxiety and panic attacks were what eventually triggered my quitting! For almost a year, I'd have them about once a week, after a night of heavey drinking and smoking cigs. They were crippling, sometimes I couldn't even drive my car, I had to pull over for fear that I was going to black out. I did learn to control the panic through breathing and calming techniques, but realized the best was to stop drinking!"

I'm not going to rewrite it Same for me!!. Although i never was able to control it with breatheing or calming techniques quiting was my only answer.

It was horrible to think i was going to loose my best friend named "beer" telling me i was going to have to get my right arm aputated sounded like a better idea then quiting drinking. Death of a loved one seemed easier to deal with then loosing my beer. But i couldnt take the panic attacks anymore and was willing to try anything.

I'm a bit over a year sober now and I dont have panic attacks anymore. I feel good I'm happy i quit. Those tough days are behind me now.

You can be free from this it is possible.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

Just to add I have a friend with the same issues. he talks to me about it becuase well I talked tohim about it when i had the problems. Difference is I quit drinking he didnt. He still has these problems and seems to think its anything but the booze.

I dont get into the nitty gritty with him beucse he doesnt seem like he wants to quit he doesnt seem like he wants to be free of it. I guess its just not bad enough yet for him.

you on the other hand deserve a pat ont he back for taking some positive steps in the right direction.

It pains me to see people suffering from this but they wont admit they have an issue or refuse to even see it. I want to rattle my one buddies cage sometimes but i cant i know from my expierience that its His problem to solve just like your problem is your problem to solve.

But you can be free from it.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

People in danger of losing their children and and livers don't drink out if 'habit', dawn.

When are you going to get some help?
Old 08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have 8 days sober and I had panic attacks before as well but I am also having them now along with anxiety in general. I am hoping they go away
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Powerless:

It's going to take your body chemistry a while to re-adjust itself. Give it time and it will get better.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

powerless1, are you going to AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-04-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
maklay

You can do this.... We've all been there. Sometimes we stumble, I've had my share. I've stumbled again, but I'm getting back up to fight! Not for me,but for the people who depend on me.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, or knowing the results will be the same,=insanity.

"I know alcohol had somethin to do with me being put in hospital today even tho I havent had a drink for few days but its caught up with me its the wake up call I never thought id have
when I got onto that hospital bed I burst into tears and went what have I done to my life ."

"i am staying far away from beer as possible, yesterday was the scariest day of my life but im the one who put myself there so its my own fault if i didnt drink i wouldnt of been in that state i was in, so ive actually learned from my own mistake and that mistake i wouldnt be doing again"

these are your words, dawnie. i spent a lil time reading through your past threads. IMO, what i am reading is complete denial. you still feel you can stop drinking on your own. it doesnt appear to be working.

now, do you want to stop drinking? are you willing to admit you cant do this on your own power? are y ou willing to go to any lengths to stop drinking and get sober? if you were told that standing on your head and gargling peanutbutter is something you will have to do, would yu be willing to do it?

do you want to stop drinking???