Notices

August 16th 2012 1 Year Medallion!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking August 16th 2012 1 Year Medallion!!!

So the date is set! I choose my actual dry date of August 16th 2011 for my 1 year medallion which so happened to be on the night of our actual home group meeting!

I'm thrilled and look forward to it, but as usual.... one day at a time. Not there yet... but not worried I'll drink before then. I have no urges as I have said but I like to look at it as one day at a time

So i have made my parents aware and they are of course attending that night. I also told my mother if she would like to say a few words about my progress in the programme she can and she told me she would think of something up for sure because she is proud of me today, Dad's not one to go up front and talk so I just told him that attending is good enough for me

Sadly it is with dismay that my younger brother will not be able to attend because he is away for military training but it's not his fault but I know deep down he is proud of me and wishes he could be there.

And the other one who will be attending and though I mention her last... shes never last but first of course.... My Girlfriend of 7 months!!! By then we'll be 9 months together lol <3 <3

She did not hesitate when I asked if she would like to attend my special occasion and she gladly accepted, wrote it down in her diary and calender and will book it off so she doesn't go to work during the day or evening (shes a cashier where I work) I told her there may be tears on my part so have tissue ready at hand because she is sensitive like me as well She told me she most likely will cry as I do. Some cry, some do. I know most likely I will, I'm not afraid to show my emotions especially in front of my girlfriend... had cried a couple times while her by my side.... one night had only 2 hours of sleep and was dying while working and I crumbled when I sat down with her at lunch outside and cried in her shoulder it was not fun to be working on 2 hours of sleep.

So it's exciting and thrilling I truly get to move on in life with my companion there with me, and my family and friends of AA. I am so thankful these days and I know that I couldn't do this on my own anymore and that my higher power is in my every day life now.

Thanks for reading everyone and I appreciate AA and these forums so far and will continue to post your all awesome and great supporters!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

As one of our beloved elders says 'round here....forward is the right direction!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes do stay connected with us and be sure to post on your 1 year
We really like threads of celebration....
Old 07-07-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess I'll be allowed to post my story of recovery in that section too! it'll be awesome.Thanks CarolD. your all awesome and I will be sure to post about the celebration
Old 07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nice work !
Old 07-07-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TorontoGuy28 View Post
nice work !

thank you Toronto eh? I'm from Whitby! Nice to meet a sort of local person on here