Notices

Closing The Wounds And Creating New Memories.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Closing The Wounds And Creating New Memories.

So today was another romantic day with my girlfriend. I've been sober for 10 months now and in 13 days I'll be 11 months sober.

So today I went back up to the town I was getting drunk in last year. My girlfriend so happens to live a 3 minute walk away from my old place where I drank my life away last year. But it was never meant to be where I was living and how close she was.

We went for a stroll in the neighborhood where I lived and cleansed all the wounds I created back in 2011 and replaced them with new happy memories along side my girlfriend today of 7 months. It was great to really clean the places up where I was drinking or staggering around the streets or hung over walks I took. We covered the areas where I was doing these things and I felt more free today, today I can go to the town and see nothing but happy new memories where ever I ride my bike. The new sober memories I will always cherish.

My girlfriend has been very understanding and helpful in my need to stay sober. She understands my recovery and supports me all the way.

I love her to do this day and for the first time... I told her I loved her in person not through text and she giggled and was happy to hear this. After I said that we discussed future plans. Yes we plan on marrying one day and its been made up in our minds, she wishes not to leave me, she's been through rough times with her mother leaving her father for someone else and she believes in committment. We talked about the fact that I wont be a bad husband and that I plan on helping make dinner and do house chores and she smiled and told me she would love that for me to help her out. She even mentioned that we will have no dishwasher so we'll wash dishes by hand and I said sure of course and that we'd take turns each night on who cleans dishes and that I even offered to clean them myself if she preps dinner.

yeah I know everyone... don't go planning too far ahead. But thing is... Im not looking for a temporary girlfriend, Im looking for someone in marriage... I didn't realize this till we talked about it. SO yes I am very happy with her and I don't plan on leaving her.... the one thing shes worried is that I'll leave her one day and I know I won't not after all we been through.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know both of you are going to have a sober future..
Old 07-04-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow, OJIbway! I can't tell you how happy I am for you! We've been sober about the same amount of time, and I've followed your posts. Congrats on your awesome accomplishments, in sobriety, in healing, and in love!
Old 07-04-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's just lovely

Since I've been sober, I've been back to places where I was drunk and staggering and making a general fool of myself, and at first I always feel a sense of doom, but when I leave, I know that the next time I come back I won't be thinking only of my drunken days, I'll be thinking of being there sober, too. I think it really helps to go back to places and make new memories.

Very pleased for you!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

Great post. Inspiring!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I knew there was something I had forgotten about lol I couldn't place my finger on it till I came back today to SR.com

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It means alot to me especially when I hear LoftyIdeals say they've been following my posts so far. Alot has changed me for the better good and life is great. I went to a discussion meeting last night and was able to express alot of happiness I've been having and a few members who remember me from last year came up to me and told me they saw a complete change compared to last year and see the true peace in my mind of not wanting to drink anymore. Everyone has even told me how much weight i've lost and how good I look (healthy wise) which makes me feel great inside. thanks everyone for the kinds words. I can reflect how 10 months ago I was a real wreck and begging for members in the chat rooms to talk to me as I detoxed on my own and my heart rate was sky rocketing and my feet were killing me. I love life to the fullest and I love my programme and all of you unconditionally of course lol.

ALso.... tonight is my home group meeting and tonight.... I get to request my medallion night at the business meeting! I'm so excited! I'm not too far from reaching a year... phew... gotta take a breath... just got emotional there, a year ago right now I was recovering in my bed room at the place I was renting a room after a night of police involved and my room mate knocking me out with one strong punch (construction workers are ripped lol) This day I swore I'd quit drinking.... Still had 2 more episodes after the one where my room mate punched me in the face. I also got emotional there because i'm free from the fear of bondage with alcohol. I don't think about drinking, drinking isn't in my mind set anymore. I still believe I need to keep a good guard up, I was egotistic once when I thought I was okay... I realize it's a life thing for sure. and I love life soooo much... thanks again friends