# 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're glad to have you Zarozina - welcome

D
Old 06-21-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Hi Zarozina!

Maybe you can find support here Area 92 Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings and then find a sponsor who can guide you through the steps. Try reading Alcoholics Anonymous (it's online and online in an audio version to listen to!).

Glad you are here at SR!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I used to get a takeaway and pack of beer and sit on the internet.
I actually quite liked the bloatedness!
Then id switch to hard liquor after a three or four cans.
I put on 5 stone in a couple of years. Lost it in 5 months.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Zarozina....
Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum

Alcohol turned me into a woman I detested ..a sodden depressed mess
. That is when I decided to quit drinking...and joined AA.

My depression lifted rather quickly...a little at a time.
By the end of 2 months...it vanished and has not come back.

hope you will soon find your way....
Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

"Maybe you can find support here Area 92 Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings and then find a sponsor who can guide you through the steps. Try reading Alcoholics Anonymous"

I did start going to meetings and found what was going to be my home group. I stayed sober soo, so close to 3 months. I found myself not connecting to folks and still felt like an absolute outcast..Story of my Life.! I really felt to be a burden to these people and gave up. I have always been rejected as a person and alcohol has always been my friend. I have alot of physical/mental problems, and never have gotten through these. I know I started drinking alot again after getting off morphine to control my physical pain. (accident=morphine) These days being so far out of town in my so very isolated world, I drink to kill both pains and to even get daily chores done. I can't even ride my horses anymore without having to be amped uped on wine, or beer. Horses sense so well when I am relax or tense. They are great when I am relaxed..I can not ride so much anymore w/o., or it's a awful tense ride. I am a pretty much certified hermit now.. But I am glad I found this site.. I linked this sight to a great friend back home who happens to be a dual diag. counselor..Lol.. we got sober together back in 2000. Thank you for having this group and brings me so much hope..
Old 06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i lately put a post about how much food im consuming at the moment because i drink everynight and eat crap. i tend to eat crap because when im hungover and hungry i feel so ill and weak that i eat a lot to try and get my energy levels up and i dont believe a slad will up my energy. i heard that alchol strips away vital nutirients your body need and a few weeks ago i went on a low carbs diet and didnt realise upn starting the diet that it can make you feel unwell and the fact that i combined both diet and alcohol made me extremely unwell so i went on to eat junk. i do intend on losing weight once im detoxed and once i know my body will be able to handle a diet but it wont be a low carbs one.