Notices

Back in the rabbit hole wit blinkers on

Old 06-17-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back in the rabbit hole wit blinkers on

I was sober for 4 months, was tough but was great.
Really can say was happiest time off my life, but was missing one thing, booze!
Said ok Sean lets do this like normal people, no spirits,none in week a load off stupid rules, know wat I thought I'd be happy but not.
back boozing now a month, only at weekends but still not happy.
Its in my fecking heading all time.
My wife was the one telling me have few drinks and just leave it and all will be ok'
well my few is always to empty the bt and look more.
She now fighting with me for been a pig and taking to much, sometimes I don't know were to go wit her.
I will be hungover tomorrow but will work, but know I'll be as depressed as hell.
Like I'm sad now the booze running low and nearly gone, like why the f*** I not just go to bed with wife at 11 instead off here wondering about my alcohol problem.
I wish it was not a problem
anyway peace and love all x
Old 06-17-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I sure hope you will soon get back on track ...

Blessings to you and your wife..prayers for
harmony and peace in your home

Last edited by CarolD; 06-17-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can stop anytime you like Seanie - it takes a good deal of effort and commitment but I know you can do it.

It gets harder the longer you let things go...I hope you'll decide to make tomorrow day one.

D
Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know I can't have one or two drinks. I tried and failed to many times to count. I'm an alcoholic...I can't drink like other people. I've crossed that line and there is no going back. I hope you make a decision to quit and get that monkey off your back. I was so happy to have that obsession lifted. You can do this Seannie, you made it four months and felt great. Why not try again? Lots of great support here.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Carol and Dee, ur words are so wise and helpful.
One day I hope to have sober time like ye and be fit to give advice to people like me stuck in This hole.
But my mind mayb my av/ saying' f*** up man you had a rip, big deal, sober up few days, work and get back boozing next weekend, everybody does it so wat the big deal
Old 06-17-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh I know Opivotal, wish it was that simple, but I'm sure you know its not as why other than why we all here. Love your home town bhw. Honeymoon there and loved it, boozed most off time so could been better. There my av going again sayin how you ever goin to go back to New York or Sydney or Spain or anywhere with out boozing
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear of your troubles & challenges. I have simular challanges & symtoms if I pick up a drink... I have learned over & over and over again that I cannot have one drink. Its the begininng of the end for me & I suspect for you too my friend.

I cannot drink like ”everyone else” as I am an alcoholic & they are not.

Take care & all of the best in your sobriety. You can do this if you work it.

Cheers ~NB
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Seanie,
Go to bed!
You have work tomorrow.
It's late.
We will see you back here tomorrow.
Go to bed!
Anne
Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

get back boozing next weekend, everybody does it so wat the big deal
The big deal is not everyone's like us Seanie...

D
Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh I know Dee but ain't it a c*** we not like the rest.
Bed soon Anne, god we where bad against Spain x
Old 06-17-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ah Seanie,
Sher at least we can sing well!!!:ghug3
Now, go to bed, I am going now. I am off tomorrow. Hehehehehe
Old 06-17-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nite Anne, Roy does not think so x
Old 06-17-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

seanie, your wife just doesn't understand so you can't listen to her. You need to do what is the best for yourself and that is not drinking! Moderation just doesn't work for "us" Good luck, tomorrow is another day.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope you get back on track soon man.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
In love with life.

I've been in your situation many times Seanie and I've tried the moderation drinking, only on weekends, only two glasses of wine with dinner, only a beer with lunch but my AV is constantly telling me to drink more, and more and more until I'm leggless and wondering what the hell I did the night before, or worse locked up in a cell or homeless. It ends up getting that bad if 'we' let that demon win. I hope you made it work today and I hope the cloud and depression lifts soon. Today is a new day
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Hey Sean,
I guess if you could stop on your own, you would have. The same goes for stopping with human aid, like not all humans have the same plan for you (your wife) as what you are trying to do.
Maybe you should try AA. There you will find a bunch of people trying to do God's work who used to be in that same hole. They will jump down in that hole with you, and show you the way out. That's what they did for me. Do you want a way out Sean?

BTW, sorry about the game, the Irish played brilliantly, the All Blacks got lucky.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Mike, I mite just do that and give AA another go. It was the soccer we where on about but the rubgy was a good match, the all blacks are brilliant.
Bloody did not go to work today and had to go get parts for car and got a carry out so back at it today again, god i'm sooooo stupid.
Thought I'd it under control but now I see i've not, Oh how much I wish that I could go bk to my 110 or so day and have stayed sober.
Its such a nasty drug, makes you sick and then you just go bk for more the next day,
there is not a chance i'll stop today till its all gone, but hopefully tomorrow
Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

**{Hugs to you Seanie}} We are always here for you no matter what! I wish it wasn't a problem either for us.... Its one heck of a fight with our self, I understand that for sure. Your wife is like my husband they don't understand and why would they, there brains/thinking is not like ours when it comes to alcohol....Its up to us bud....Keep your chin up and hang in there buddy, keep checking/posting in our class, I think it will help alot.:ghug3
Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you Nel, you have a lovely heart:ghug3
Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by seanie1888 View Post
Thanks Mike, I mite just do that and give AA another go. It was the soccer we where on about but the rubgy was a good match, the all blacks are brilliant.
Bloody did not go to work today and had to go get parts for car and got a carry out so back at it today again, god i'm sooooo stupid.
Thought I'd it under control but now I see i've not, Oh how much I wish that I could go bk to my 110 or so day and have stayed sober.
Its such a nasty drug, makes you sick and then you just go bk for more the next day,
there is not a chance i'll stop today till its all gone, but hopefully tomorrow
Hey Sean,
speaking as one of the stupidest people ever to come to AA (while others were getting a serve of intelligence I got an extra helping of daft) I can assure you that stupidity is not a character defect, nor is it a barrier to recovery. In fact stupidity is a positive advantage. It's the clever buggers that have all the trouble, what with their endless yes buts and I knows