Notices

Almost slipped but caught myself(my vent)

Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost slipped but caught myself(my vent)

this week so far at work has been awkard it actually started last week .i wasn't feeling so great thursday at work the whole day i felt like dying .so i wounde up calling in on that friday which was fine usually my boss is cool shes actually the owners daughter .She's young ,younger then me im 29 shes 24 im 4 months into this new job .I had the sick days so i used this one because i was literally sick..
Lately the weeks have been fluctuating as far as us being busy usually Thursday and Friday's are our slowest days compared to the rest of the week which is still pretty slow .for this time of year for the coffee business.

Anywho Monday roles around i get into work and for some reason even from the boss .im getting like a passive silent treatment i didn't know what was going on so i figured maybe everyone was having a lousy day monday we were really busy .so that's just how i justified it .Today when i went into work my boss pulled me and this other guy i work with to the side

And comforted us about calling Friday .i thought i was the only one who had called in sick friday and once again Friday's aren't usually busy their pretty dead.There was no way of me knowing even if i did .i was to ill to make it .Which is what i specifide in my message when i called in sick .
My boss knew thursday i was feeling lousy .
Any ways shes goes on talking about how if i didn't wan't to be there then don't show up and how we need to be there..As she's saying this the gears are going off in my head .My boss is younger shes not very good at confrontation as well as knowing how to the say the right things .

the whole time i've worked here so far this is the second time ive called out .all other times im there and im there on time .i work a 8-430 shift she told me and the other employer we were to stay extra late today and tomorrow because it was busy .Like we were being grounded or something i know part of it has to do with some of the other people working there.Probably complained pisst and moaned about having to do more friday to pick up for the slack .which is ******** because its work .i felt like tearing her a new ******* .I Didn't i just sat there and listened to what she had to say ..and even today it was like after she said what she had to say .She was trying to get back on our sides ..but the two other co workers didn't say much today to me .i just felt like i was back in elementary school Just the feeling conjured up stress ..i know last year when i wasn't trying to wuit drinking in my state.the stress would of driven me to drink.

For no reason i felt like **** i felt worthless and helpless it was just like i was like **** it .imma drink when i get home i can't deal with this .Over the course of the day they i cooled down a bit and just told myself that i did nothing wrong .the events of friday are something that were out of my hand and if those other employees wanted to not talk to me because they had to bust there ass double time on friday .then i say ****'em both (**** suckers) i digress bottom line im sitting here typing this and im dry as a bone and sober as can be .didn't stop by the liquor store on the way home.didn't think about it on the way home .i made it for today
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to Life 101.

Well done! Stay sober, it gets different!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Call your sponsor and share with her about this.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So you still have your job right? What's there to be upset about? Some bosses are idiots, that's just how it is. You still got a job and you did nothing wrong! I'm just thinking back on all the times I've stewed and stewed about how someone was a moron towards me and it adds nothing positive. The economy is crap, but you're sober and employed. Hell yeah man.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congratulations. I usually in these situations try to understand where the other side is coming from. Maybe it was a busy day when you were out and they had to work really a lot. So I would just tell them how much you appreciated for them picking up your time and that you will help in case they get sick. This should clear the air. Also see it as a good thing, you were sick and they needed you, otherwise they would not ahve made such a big deal out of it. That means you will have this job for a long time.....