Notices

Been a while

Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been a while

Hi guys,

I haven't logged into this nice site in probably close to a year...
Just wanted to share some thoughts I've had along the way to recovering and managing to feel better from just an insanely bad year oct 2010-nov2011.

I think of the countless times I woke up with the first thought being "my god, alcohol is pure evil" and yet even as intense as that was to me, 3 hours later I would get an inclination to start drinking again. The hardest part for me is to really get introspective and unbiasedly view myself over the years in those regrettable states I've (and you all) have been in. It takes a real man/woman to start to acknowledge one's shortcomings...I used to ignore the the possibility of that. It is tough but feels honest and sincere to do that now and I feel better off for it, even with the occasional anxiety that comes with it.

Do I still have a beer now and then? Yes. I am not going to for one second imply I am fully sober but I have started to manage myself way better. That being said, I still realize I am not where I eventually would like to be...I'm still a young guy trying to come to terms with it all but I'll get there...as it is said, one day at a time...Literally.

Wishing the best for everyone out there,

Nick
Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again Nick
I know you'll find the same kind of support here as you found in the past

D
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Originally Posted by NLeone91 View Post
I think of the countless times I woke up with the first thought being "my god, alcohol is pure evil"
Nick I am so grateful that those days now seem so long ago, even though it is only 10 months on. I remember it was like groundhog day, the turmoil and the torment. I am now more at peace without alcohol in my life.

I am thinking of buying something with humbuckers to celebrate
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Everyone and anyone is welcome for any change. It is good to know that you are slowly drifting to a better life. Good luck and we all will support you.