Notices

Alcohol is analogous to...

Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol is analogous to...

What did you find your relationship with alcohol most analogous to? I sort of look at it as what started out as the perfect date. We met, had an instant connection and fell passionately in love. We shared the good times and bad, happy or sad we were always there for each other.

Our life together was really great for a while but I began to notice that something wasn't quite right. Everything was always about her, she always had to be the center of attention and there was hell to pay if she wasn't.

I tried to reason with her but she was not interested in anything I had to say. She said she was running the show and if I wanted to go it alone I should give it my best shot. We broke it off for a while, went cold turkey. My world tho, wasn't the same without her in it, the glow was gone, everything went back to black and white.

I only had to invite her back in and she was there for me, no questions asked. Over the years she took full control, fashioned a life for us to her liking. She was the main part of everything we did or we were not interested in doing it.

Something was gnawing at me, a feeling I couldn't escape, the good times were not that good anymore. The skittle sh***ing unicorns had all left a long time ago. My lover had become my master and I her slave.

I was little more than a puppet on a string, the love was gone. It was over and we went out with a bang, a bender of epic proportions, a hospital stay and we said our last goodbyes. It hasn't been all peaches and cream without her but at least I'm running the show and for that I'm greatful.